41. The mishap

It was after school and I had gone with Eddie to the practice for this heavy metal band I guess. But since I wasn't feeling the best, I told Eddie I would take off so he decided to stay for a bit and come with me. I waited in the hall for him as the door opened and that same tall metal head walked out that noticed me earlier.

"Hi." I simply said to him.

He smiled back, "Hey."

He closed the door and leaned against the wall with me as he looked at me.

"I'm Joshua. And you are?" He questioned.

I shrug, "Nice to meet you Josh, I'm Y/n."

He took out a cigarette and motioned it to me, "you smoke?"

I shook my head quickly, "No, no, no. I can't smoke at the moment."

He furrowed his brows, "why not? You religious?"

I sigh, "it's not because of that, it's something else."

I really didn't want to say I was pregnant to him because he could spread the word around and I'll be classified as a whore or something.

"You can tell me. I'm a freak loser, I can't tell anyone. My only buds are in there and they barely listen to me anyways."

I shook my head, "it's fine—"

"You ready, babe?"

I glance and saw Eddie shutting the door and looking at me and then to Joshua.

"Let's go." I said.

He threw his arm around my shoulders as we began to walk out. I rushed to the car and got in because I really wanted to go home and not stay here any longer. Eddie hopped in and started the car, buckling up, then pulling out and driving home.

"So...what did that guy want from you?" Eddie asked.

"He offered me a cig but I declined." I replied.

He scoffed, "next time, let me deal with him. I'm getting hungry anyways-"

"No, Eddie. You won't suck the life out of someone just because they talked to me. Give them a chance at being our friends. Okay?"

He grumbled, "fine."

•••2 hours later

I was watching a movie as Eddie was laying down next to me on the couch since he was done with a job interview downtown for a band. They seemed to like Eddie and see his potential which they are interested in having him do he was gone for a few hours. A jump-scare flashed on the TV which made me jump and hug onto Eddie which made him chuckle a bit.

"It's not real, beautiful." He said and kissed the top of my head.

"Yeah, butthead. I know that, it just startled me." I groaned.

He laughed from the nickname and handed me some water so I drank it.

"You can really be a butthead sometimes too." Eddie told me.

I smile as I began to dose off into a dream.

"You aren't the only one."

I looked behind me in the black room and saw dad.

"What?" I ask.

"You're not the only one who's running. Others are running too but the police are after you and your little boyfriend again."

I began to panic but realize they don't know where we are so we could be all right for a few more months.

"Me and Eddie are safe, they don't know where we are." I said.

He chuckled, "oh but they do. They're finding you. They knew you two were just in West Virginia—they're on the move, Y/n. They'll hurt you and Eddie, they'll hurt Ozzy, they'll harm your family."

I gulped and felt anger fill me as dad appeared behind my shoulder.

"Kill them before they kill you and your family. They won't show mercy, all they'll do is hurt you!" He shouts.

"But...I won't let them touch Ozzy." I defended Ozzy.

Dad nods, "I won't let them either. So join me and we can put an end to this...protect you and your family, start yours in peace without anyone coming to kill you...get rid of the things in the way."

I gulped and looked at him as I processed this. I placed a hand over my stomach and looked at dad.

"Won't you hurt Ozzy? You'll take him from me..." I snapped.

He cackled, "hurt my grandson? Never...you? Of course."

He began to choke me and lift me into the air as I struggled to gasp for air. I kicked and squirmed as he looked at me with a sinister glare.

"Join.me. Or lose what you love AGAIN." He exclaimed.

I held my neck and kicked more. I thought about it a little. I would be safer than anyone...I would be happy and in peace with Ozzy and Eddie, just what we want. That's when I felt my stomach begin to hurt as I cried from the pain. I felt myself begin to bleed between my legs but a lot of blood came out. I began to panic just as I felt my stomach hurt more and more just as i felt my nose and eyes begin to bleed too. I nod quickly to dad as he set me down and let me go. I gasped for air and looked up at him from the floor.

"That's my daughter..."

I shot up in a cold sweat. Eddie suddenly woke up and hugged me in instinct as I began to pant and cry softly.

"Shhh, it's okay...what happened?" He asked tiredly.

I hugged Eddie and realized we were in bed now. I looked at my stomach bump and saw it growing more. I sighed and leaned against Eddie with cold sweat dripping down my forehead. I wasn't bleeding and Ozzy was still safe.

"It was just a nightmare..." I said groggily.

Eddie pecked my check and covered us up just as he wrapped his muscular arms around me and pulled me in close. I cried softly some more into his arms as I thought about my decision. I joined my father, Vecna, into saving my family....

.