25. The Letter

Two days later...

I still had been grieving over Eddie's death and couldn't help but feel so sick and alone. I was helping the Wheeler's move out of their home since a huge earthquake hit and the upside down began to spill into the real world...our home. I was about to head over to the High School and help with everyone there since I had nothing else better to do. Everyone seemed happy and just fine which confused me since Eddie was dead and he wasn't here with everyone. But then we heard honking.

"Did somebody order a pizza?" Karen asked.

"Pizza?" We all said in unison.

That's when a Surfer's Boy Pizza van stopped in front and a weird guy hopped out. Long black hair, weird clothes, and looked like he was high. Then, Mike, Will, Eleven, and Jonathan hopped out. We all ran to one another and hugged each other. But I just kept my distance and continued to load boxes into the trunk of a car.

"Y/n?"

I looked behind me and saw Mike. He smiled and brought me into a hug as I hugged him back. He parted from me and looked at me.

"Where's Lucas?"

I sighed, "you don't know?...he's at the hospital, with Max..."

Mike furrowed his brows and left with Eleven, Will, Nancy, and Jonathan. I noticed Dustin come up to me and sigh.

"Let's go to the school."

I nod and get in my car with Dustin and began to drive there. As soon as we got there, we began to help immediately but I went to the D&D club room and looked inside. Everything was still there...I sighed and walked to the DM side where Eddie normally was and looked at his playing sheet. Eddie the Banished was written in mildly neat hand-writing. I smile and look around, noticing all the Mountain Dew cans laying around making it all look like it was just abandoned. I began to clean up the room as I heard someone walk in.

"Hey—Y/n?"

I glanced and saw Gareth. I smile and wave.

"Hey...Gareth."

He sighed and smiled, "you're wearing Eddie's shirt."

I looked down at the Hellfire club shirt and nod. I wore one of Eddie's plaid jackets over it, some jeans, my Reeboks, and his shirt. I also took his bandanna and had it in my back pocket.

"You look just like him but...more female."

I laugh, "yeah, I guess so..."

He pointed to the necklace I was wearing, "and that's...also Eddie's?"

I looked down at Eddie's guitar pick and nod, looking back up at him.

"Yeah..."

Gareth leaned on the door and looked around. He seemed to be sad—like VERY sad about the whole situation.

"How did...he die?" Gareth asked weakly.

I gulped and set the things in my hands down and began to play with the rings I wore that belonged to Eddie as well.

"Well, ummm...he fought for Hawkins and it wasn't a very pretty sight to see...he was fighting these monsters in another dimension, they got to him, I tried to save him but they got me too...but then I was able to free myself but then Eddie...he was just there...I ran to him and he told me that this was finally his year. Ya know, 86 baby."

Gareth nodded and laugh with a few tears. I cried a bit as well and but my lip.

"He also said that me and Dustin needed to look after and take care of the little sheep so... yeah. He said a lot other stuff, to me but I know that if I was quick enough to save him then maybe I would've saved him in time and he wouldn't have died—"