38. A 360° change in us

Two days later...
Chief Powell's POV

I sat at my desk answering phone calls from another station in West Virginia which seemed to be confused and concerned.

"Well, are you sure that the couple fit the description?" I asked.

"Well, we don't know for sure. The man, James Peter, the man who called in, told us he worked at an armory shop and noticed a couple walk in but the man looked off and seemed to be familiar to Eddie Munson. He said the couple could've been married, they had rings on they fingers. But, he watched the news channel connecting from Indiana, West Virginia, and New York. So he noticed this guy and thought to call in and wanted us to come by but when we did, we saw him dead."

I furrow my brows and straighten myself up in my seat.

"You said dead? Like how?" I asked and took out a notepad and pen.

"Blood drained from him. Bite marks in his neck and seemed to struggle too because his body has bruises on it too."

I scoff, "well, I'll be damned...what time was the victim killed?"

The Chief on the other end inhaled sharply, "it's about two and a half days old. It isn't fresh. But we contacted you today because we were investigating this crime scene and contacting other stations around but none of them were interested or said they couldn't help us."

I nod and set my own down, taking this all into processing.

"Okay, me and my team will be over in a second." I said.

"Thank you so much, we really need more input with people who might know the killer."

•••

Me and Callahan arrived in West Virginia, cruising a street until we found the police and parked right next to a cop car, getting out and walking to the Chief.

"Chief Powell. It's good to have ya here." His country accent rang.

"Chief Dove. Nice to have you here too. So, where's the bastard?" I asked.

He directed us inside the armory shop to see the feet of the corpse peaking out from behind the counter. I stepped over marker of blood drops and walked behind the counter, seeing the corpse. His eyes were white, blood drained completely, pale face, and he did have several bite marks on his neck.

"Chief Dove...our suspected murderer in Hawkins, Eddie Munson, he had different ways of killing. This is new." Callahan said and waved his pen around.

"Yeah, well that's what I've heard too. But we ain't sure of it—what are y'all doin'?" He shouted to some deputies waving guns around.

"Sorry, sir!"

He sighed and placed his hands on his hips, "Jesus Christ....sorry, Powell. But you got any idea if you'll help us on this 'vestigation?"

I nod, "I will. For sure. I just don't understand anything right now...In Hawkins the way Munson killed was by snapping all his victims bones and their eyes were gone."

"Tch, well this is some crazy bullshi'. Do you have any idea who the woman was?" He asked, leaning on the counter.

"His girlfriend, Y/n Creel." Callahan said.

"Actually, maybe Fiancé. Mr.Parker said the couple had rings on they fingers." Dove corrected Callahan.

Callahan furrowed his brows and looked at me, "So what? My son's little girlfriend is engaged now to him? And she's pregnant with his baby? Seems like the bastard is some freakish Vampire even if that's possible."

I crossed my arms and shrugged, "Possible for any of those accusations. But we don't know yet. That's why theories are good...I suppose they both are going to get married out of state with each other and have a child together—but Ms.Creel is only nearly a month long...so we have less than 8 months to go to find these kids."

"Kids? They're adults now, we can put Munson on death row for his crimes and lock Y/n away for a few years for hiding this killer and running away with him." Callahan said.

I scoff and walk out, "We've got work to do! We'll look more into this but thank you Chief Dove."

I got in my car with Callahan as I thought to myself. I'm coming for you, Munson.

Y/n's POV

We arrived in New York and stayed in a hotel room in Brooklyn. I was having more sickness from the baby and needed a while in the bathroom too.

"Hey, Y/n? Sweetheart? You doing okay in there?" Eddie asked and knocked softly.

I nod, "I'm fine...I just need a second."

I heard his footsteps retreat as I puked again before flushing the toilet and closing the lid. I washed my hands and washed my mouth out before leaving the restroom and going to the bed, laying down and watching Eddie move around the kitchen, making me something.

"Eddie, what're you making?" I asked.

"Might've picked up something yesterday you might like."

That's when he turned around and gave me a bowl of chocolate ice cream which made me giggle a bit.

"Eddie, you lover boy." I said and kissed his forehead.

He stroked my thigh while turning the TV on, letting me cuddle him.

"Eddie, do you think they'll let us attend Senior year considering our age?" I asked him.

He shrugs, "As long as we get our diploma, then I'll do anything."

I smiled, "well, I'll call in tomorrow."

He shook his head, "I'll do that. You need to rest from all the traveling and stress you've been through."

I cuddled closer to him and gave him a bite of the ice cream as he smiled.

"You're too sweet for me." He said with a smirk.

I chuckled, "I think we're perfect for each other."

I showed him the ring again and smiled at it, "you're so beautiful, princess. I can't believe you're going to be my wife. Mr and Mrs.Munson. It has a ring to it." Eddie gloated.

I nod, "it does. You wanna know what else has a ring to it?"

He looked at me, "what?"

"Turning the lights off and love me." I said with a smile.

He immediately shot up and turned the lights off, coming to me and taking his shirt off, setting my ice cream aside and kissing me.

"I still can't believe you're so cut." I said and ran a hand over his abs.

He kissed me again and held my face while taking my shirt off and kissing me more before taking the rest of our clothes and giving me the most love. Vampire love. And who knew his speed wouldn't just be used for running ;)

.