12. Running up that hill

It had been about 15 minutes that Max was gone. She seemed still as she sat in front of Billy's grave. Steve kept on saying she was taking too long but we had to keep telling him she was at her brother's grave and it was rude to say she took too long. But Steve had enough and got out.

"I'm calling it. She wants to get a lawyer, she can." Steve said and walked up the hill to Max.

I sighed and followed him in annoyance.

"Max. Time to giddy up, yeah?...Max?....Max. Hey, Max. Max. Max! Max wake up!"

"Max!" I shout and shake her.

"Guys!!" Steve shouts for Dustin and Lucas, "Come on, wake up!"

We all surrounded her and we're shaking her, begging for her to come back.

"Max, you gotta get outta there! Can you hear me? Max!!" I shout.

"Max, come on!!" Steve shouts.

Steve grabbed Dustin's collar of his hoodie, "Call Nancy and Robin!! Go get 'em!! Call Nancy and Robin!!! GO!!!" Steve shouted.

Dustin stumbled up and sprinted back to the car. As minutes later he ran up to us, panting.

"Guys!"

He threw down her Walkman and takes of songs onto the ground.

"What is this?!" Lucas asked.

"What's her favorite song? What's her favorite song?!"

"Why?" I ask frantically.

"Robin said if she listens—it's too much to explain now. What's her favorite song!?!" Dustin screamed at us.

I quickly grabbed 'Running up that Hill' By Kate Bush because I always see her listening to it.

"This one!!" I said and shoved it to Dustin.

He too it and jammed it in her Walkman and pressed play, setting it on her head and over her ears.

"Max!! Wake up!" We all yell.

"Max, wake up!"
"Make, we're right here!!"
"Come one, wake up!"
"Come on, Max!"
"Wake up!!"
"Max!"

As we tried more, she began floating into the air with her arms out and open.

"MAX!!! MAX WAKE UP!!" We all screamed.

I felt hopeless but I still had to try, "WAKE UP, MAX!! WAKE UP!!!!"

That's when just moments later, she dropped to the ground and we rushed to her. Lucas held onto Max as she panted and whimpered from the fear she must've been through.

"It's okay...I thought we lost you." Lucas said, almost crying.

Max hyperventilated as she cling onto Lucas and cried.

"I'm still...I'm still here." She assured us.

•••

We all were at Nancy and Mike's house again. Everyone was sleeping as for me, I wasn't.

"Earth to Dustin."

I heard that familiar voice in the Walkie-Talkie as the sound kept going off.

"Hello?"

I grabbed it and extended its cord.

"Hey, it's Y/n." I said with a smile.

"Babe! Hey. I'm...I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world."

I shook my head, "No. No, no, no. Don't do that, Eddie. Just—stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can." I assured him.