28. I have...something to tell you

I woke up, still next to Eddie in the hospital room. Eddie was asleep and snoring like usual. I smiled and brushed his hair out of his face and kissed his lips softly before standing up and covering him up in the blankets. I checked the time as it was 12:36 AM.

"I'll be back, handsome...gotta go tell Dustin. He'll be so excited to hear you're alive."

I pecked his soft and warm cheek before leaving his room and locking it. I snuck out of the hospital and got in my car before leaving. When I hurried to Dustin's house, I knocked on the door as I didn't hear anything. I knocked again.

"DUSTIN!!" I shout.

That's when I heard footsteps come my way and the door open and there stood Dustin.

"What the fuck do you want at 12 in the morning."

I smile, "Eddie's alive."

He shot wide awake as he looked at me, "what?!"

I nod, "come, come quick! Me and my mom are hiding him at the hospital. Get dressed and come with me."

•••

I snuck Dustin and I past doctors and nurses as before we went into the room, I turned to Dustin.

"He's asleep. So be quiet."

Dustin seemed like he was about to cry as I let him inside. I closed the door behind us and locked it as Dustin began to cry as he walked to his side. He held his hand and sat in a chair. I sat in my chair and sighed.

"I just found him walking down the road...so I brought him in."

"Since when?"

"Yesterday."

He exhaled and tightened his grip on Eddie's hand.

"Eddie...I missed you so much..." Dustin whispered to Eddie.

I smiled as I saw how much Dustin cared for Eddie, dead or alive, he was really attached to him.

"He is being nursed back to correct health so he will be in here for a little while. On the other hand, visiting hours are extended for us because of course, my mom is hiding him." I mentioned.

"I'll be in here a lot then." He said.

I kissed Eddie's hand and rubbed the back of it as he sleeper so peacefully.

"He said he thought he had just passed out but he's not too sure..."

Dustin looked at me, "but—but I thought he died? In our arms."

I nod, "I thought so too."

That's when Eddie began to shift in bed as he squinted his eyes and peaked them open.

"Hmm?" He groaned as he looked at me.

"Hey, sleepyhead...why'd you wake up?"

He rubbed his eye, "why're you still here and awake?"

I smiled and pointed to Dustin, "look."

He looked to his other side and smiled when he saw Dustin. Dustin cried more as he hugged Eddie, nearly squeezing him to death.

"Jeez! Okay, okay!" Eddie laughed.

Dustin parted from him and smiled, "I wasn't going to lose you...I didn't want to."

Eddie ruffled Dustin's hair, "I didn't want to lose you either..."

I looked at Eddie as he looked back to me, "what time is it?"

I inhaled sharply, "well—it's midnight so I bet you should go to sleep again. You need to."

He shook his head, "I...I keep having nightmares."

I frown, "nightmares? Like what kind?"

He gulped, "l-like...from the upside down...I keep seeing what happened...in there...what happened to me in there...the bats...how they surrounded me—and—and—"

Eddie's eyes began to tear up as I wiped his tears away and kissed his forehead.

"It's okay, Eddie...it's okay. Just—breathe and tell us slowly the next things."

He nods and breathes, "well...I couldn't stop remembering the things I had said to you and what you said to me before I supposedly died."

I inhaled and looked down as he held my face. I looked back to his eyes and locked mine with his.

"Nothing was your fault, okay? You don't need to blame yourself for my own mistakes."

"Eddie, you're a hero." Dustin blurted.

Eddie looked to him and chuckled, "that's the last thing I'd ever expect someone to tell me."

I held Eddie's hand that held my face as he took his attention back to me.

"Eddie, I love you so much...I thought I was at fault for not trying hard enough. I could've saved you if I hadn't gotten attacked by those pathetic bats."

Eddie shook his head, "No, no, no...you tried harder than I would've done..."

Dustin sighed, "I wish I could stay but my mom will get worried and call the police and that's the last thing I need to happen or any of you."

Eddie patted his back, "all right. See ya, man."

"See ya."

That's when Dustin snuck out and I locked the door as I looked back to Eddie.

"Can you sleep with me?" He asked shyly.

I smiled and nodded as he scooted over and let me lay down with him in bed. He threw an arm around me as I cuddled close to him, feeling his warmth.

"How's our little guy doing?" Eddie asked.

I smiled, "he's doing good."

He furrowed his brows, "you want it to be a boy too?"

I smiled, "Eddie..."

He smiled, "what?"

"It's not that I just want it to be a boy...it is a boy."

His face brightened up as he giggled with joy, "no way, really?!"

I laugh and nod, "yes, it is. And I've taken thoughts to the names and I've decided...on Ozzy."

Eddie smiled even more and kissed me, "Ozzy is perfect."

I held his face while we kissed, taking in this moment was so relieving...I can't believe I thought he was dead until he suddenly came back.

"Does your mom still like me?" Eddie asked worried.

I smile, "yes, Eddie. Trust me, she still likes you."

He sighed, "because, you know, this isn't how I wanted to meet her or how I wanted her to meet me...if you get it?"

I nod, "oh, yeah. Absolutely. I totally understand where you're coming from because I wouldn't want your uncle to meet me near death as well...or nearly catching us having sex or laying in your bed naked—but that doesn't matter."

Eddie laughed and burrowed his head in the crook of my neck while I laughed with him about it. I stroked his hair which still had dried blood in it so I sat up and looked at him.

"We need to wash your hair. It's bloody."

He nods, "I knowwww but just lay back down with me. It's too early to do that."

I smile and lay back down with him and kiss him goodnight before falling asleep with him cuddled close to me and with one of his hands covering my stomach.

.