16. The Upside Down

I strained to get out as I was pulled through the gate and onto some ground and vines. It kept spilling me and I was now aware of my surroundings. It was dark and gloomy, particles everywhere. Was this the upside down? Then Steve was ripped through the gate and slammed next to me. We were then thrown against a large pile of vines as I panted with Steve. I looked at him then his hairy chest.

"You really need to tame that Jungle, just like Dustin says."

"Yeah, the ladies dig it—not the time."

That's when I stood up to the sound of rumbling and thunder. I saw the red lighting in the cloudy sky...this was surreal. That's when I heard squawking echo through this demented place. Steve stood up with me and glanced to see some bat like creatures flying towards us. The shrieking was loud, so loud it hurt my ears. I dropped to my Kees as it rang in my ears so loud and high pitched, I thought I was going to go deaf. Steve ran the a boat and grabbed out an ore, hitting one of the bat things with it. But then one struck my back and knocked me to the floor. Another came and got me on my side then another got me on my inner thigh. I screamed and looked over to Steve, seeing him being strangled.

"Steve!-"

One came to me and wrapped its tails around my neck, tightening its grip. I was choking now too and trying to rip it off my neck. I felt tears well up in my eyes as they began sucking blood out of me.

"Y/n, you need to focus."

"Y/n, concentrate your mind."

"Y/n, feel it...what makes you happy and sad at the same time? Use that...focus."

I opened my eyes and remembered the first time I met Eddie. I remembered how nice and kind he was but I felt like an outcast since I was new. He made me feel so happy. I felt my ears ring more as I let out a blood curdling scream which made the things explode. I struggled up and huffed in rage.

"I only ever left because you weren't good enough. You never really made me happy, Y/n. You're a waste of time...you're not my daughter." my dad said.

I screamed and lifted a hand up to the things surrounding Steve and made them screech in pain and explode. It's guys and blood splattered everywhere as more started coming. I quickly turned around and made two in the air explode, then two others slamming them on the ground and ripping their heads off.

"Hey there."

I turned around and saw Nancy, Robin and Eddie, staring at me in shock. Nancy held and ore and began helping me fight off these demon like creatures. Steve stood up as one came after Eddie as he also held an ore.

"Shit!"

He hit one thing back and another back too. I grabbed the two and exploded their heads.

"Ahh!"

I swiftly turns around and saw one attacking Nancy's back. I held my hand up and ripped it off her back, ripping it from the inside out in half. I hugged out a few breaths and looked at everyone as they looked at me.

"You're welcome."

Eddie pointed at me, "is that just an effect in this place? What the fuck just happened."

"Recently it's been my visions. I've been in some hospital or whatever with other patients who have special powers. I realized I killed someone in one of them with my powers...but I escaped that place and that's when I found...I found my mom. I guess that's why my dad said I was a waste of time and left...he said I wasn't his daughter and I can see why now."

"Jesus H. Christ!!" Eddie screamed and threw his broken Ore on the ground.

He came to me and examined my wounds