5. I love you

It was lunch time and I sat with Eddie. I rested my head on his shoulder, exhausted and sore from last night.

"The Devil has come to America. Dungeons and Dragons, at first regard as a harmless game of make-believe, now has both parents and psychologists concerned. Studies have linked violent behavior to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice, sodomy, suicide, and even!...MURDER!" Eddie read dramatically from the magazine.

I peaked one eye open and saw Mike and Dustin sit down. They seemed on edge.

"Society has to blame something. We're an easy target." Jeff said.

"Exactly. And we're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game."

He pecked my cheek before standing up on the table and walking on it.

"But as long as you're into band...science or... pArTiEeeeees." He said sneeringly as they flipped him off, "Or a GAME where you Toss BALLS into LAUNDRY BASKETS!" Eddie shouted to the basketball boys.

"You want something, freak?"

He made devil horns with his hands and stuck his tongue out at them. I laughed as he started walking back down to me.

"It's forced conforming. That's what...KILLING THE KIDS!" He shouted and jumped off the table, scaring some girls.

He left two others walk past him with a bow.

"That's the real monster."

He sat back down and let me rest my head in his shoulder again. He began eating as Dustin began to speak.

"So, uh, speaking of monsters, uh, Lucas has to do his, uh, Balls-in-Laundry-baskets game. So...he's not gonna be able to make it to Hellfire tonight. And I know there's no way we can beat your sadistic campaign without him. So, me and Mike, we were talking, shooting the shit, and we were thinking that maybe we might..." Dustin began losing his words as Eddie just stared at him.

"Postpone." Mike butted in.

"Postpone? Can't just drop this on us!"
"Over my dead body."
"No way dude!"
"Whatever."

"Shut up!" Eddie demanded.

Everyone then went quiet and I sighed.

"You're saying Sinclair's been taken in by the darker side?"

"Uh, something like that." Mike said.

"Something like that?" Eddie questioned and threw a sunflower seed at them.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin mumbled.

"And rather than find a sub for him, you want...you want to postpone the Cult of Vecna?" Eddie spat at them.

"I...I don't want to postpone it. We don't want to postpone it. It's just that, you know, most of the subs will be at the championship game." Mike rushed as Eddie stood.

"Oh it's the championship game?"

"Yeah."

"Can I level with you? Jeff graduates this year. Gareth's got, what? A year and a half? Y/n, she's got the same as Gareth. Me, I am army-crawling my way toward a D in Ms.O'Donnell's. If I don't blow her final, I'm gonna walk that stage next month, I'm gonna look Principal Higgins dead in the eye, I'm gonna flip him the bird; I'm gonna snatch that diploma and I'm gonna run like hell outta here."

I laughed along with Dustin as Eddie smiled. He winked at me and I winked back.

"Didn't you say that last year?" Gareth asked.

"And the year before that?"

"Yeah, yeah, and I was full of shit. This year's different. This year is my year. I can feel it. '86 baby."

I smiled at Eddie. His smile was contagious and I already knew I wanted to Marry him. I wanted to be his wife.

"You know what that means?" Eddie asked as he walked over to Mike and Dustin, "it means you boys—but mainly Y/n, are the future of Hellfire. I knew it the moment I saw you. You sat at that table right over there, looking like...looking like two little lost sheep. You were wearing a Weird Al T-shirt, which I thought was brave." Eddie said to Dustin. He turned to Mike, "Mike, you were wearing whatever shit your mommy bought you from goddamn Gap."

They began laughing loudly until Eddie grabbed them by their collars and forced them up.

"And we showed you that school didn't have to be the worst years of your lives, right? Okay, no, no."

He then began mumbling things to them I couldn't hear but only I could watch him lecture them. I groaned and took one of his sunflower seeds and ate them.

"Can't believe you're dating Eddie Munson. He's such a punk and rebel and you! You're an innocent, sweet, pure girl. You follow the rules and everything but you went for him? Seems like you'd go for Sinclair or one of the basketball boys." Jeff said.

I shook my head, "something about Eddie made me feel different. Something I can't really explain to you guys."

Then I saw Eddie shove them out into the aisle and come back to me.

"They're gonna go find a sub for Sinclair. Those Bo-peeps..."

He sat down next to me and threw his arm around my shoulders.

"And Y/n, you wanna head over to our DND campaign tonight?"

I looked up at him, "sure, why not."

He smiled and kissed me, "good."

•••

It was after school and the basketball game had started. I went with Eddie to the DND room, getting ready to head in but he paused for a moment.

"Ed? You okay?"

He nods, "yeah, I just keep thinking...do you actually want to be with me? Because I did overhear my boys talking to you at lunch about it...I totally understand if you Umm...don't want to be with me, I get it, I'm sorta of a freak but I really, really, realllllyyy love you. And if you choose a basketball boy over me, I totally understand. You are the innocent type and it doesn't fit with how I am—"

I cut him off with a kiss. He kissed me back and parted from me.

"Of course I wanna be with you, Eddie! You're the love of my life—screw the boys who throw balls into laundry basket! I want you. You give me all the love I want, you make me feel safe, you are everything I've ever wanted."

He smiled at me as I held his face, "and if me having to give you head, a hand job, make out sesh, sex again, anything to prove I love and want you more, I will not hold back."

His eyes went wide and his brows raised in shock, "so, you'd do anything?"

"Anything." I said with confidence.

He smirked, "I guess you'll have to prove it to me."

He then shoved me into a nearby storage room, getting me ready for whatever was about to happen.

.