43. The big part

2 months later...

I had been with Eddie after school most the time with the new band he was apart of and did tours around New York with for a little while since Eddie was busy with them, he never really could take me to see them so this was my first time. I felt some guilt weigh on my shoulders as I continued to think about the killings I had committed. I just seemed lost in my thoughts.

"Y/n? You okay?" Eddie asked me as they stopped playing.

I nod, "I'm okay.." I replied.

He set his guitar down and came to me as everyone was confused.

"Do you need to go home and rest?" He asked quietly.

I nod as he nodded too.

"All right guys, I need to take her home. I'll be here tomorrow." Eddie said to the boys as they nod.

So Eddie helped me up and walked us both out of the shop and to the car. As I got into the car and buckled in, I sigh and rub the bridge of my nose. Eddie then left as he rested a hand on my thigh and rubbed his thumb against my skin.

"You okay?" He asked me.

I nod, "yeah."

He furrowed his brows, "you sure?"

I nod again, "yeah."

I knew he hadn't believed me but he sighed and kept driving as I looked out the window and watched the city.

Chief Powell's POV || later that day

I sat at a desk in the investigation room, connecting red threads around thumb tacks in the wall, holding up clues and photos of Y/n Creel and Edward Munson. I looked at dates and times on sheets of paper and photographs of the two from school clubs and yearbooks. I sighed and sipped my coffee while studying this case. That's when Callahan came into the room.

"Chief- it's 10PM...you should go home and sleep." He assured me.

I shook my head, "No...no- these two...he ran away- this murderer ran away and we couldn't find him. His supposed fiancé knew where he was and we just spoke to her once and that's as at the beginning of our search. So we left her alone after that but if we moved on her and took her in for questioning, we would've had Munson in our hands and locked away...now she ran away with his child and we have no lead besides West Virginia. But we have no clue if it's really them. I almost just want to close this case and say it's unsolved."

Callahan shrugged, "I just want to find this guy but they're gone. I want to just drop this now."

Just as I opened my mouth to say another thing, the phone began to ring so I picked it up and answered it.

"Chief Powell of Hawkins Police Department." I said.

"Powell, it's Dove. Listen, I think since you said your guy, Munson, had different ways of killing, this isn't our guy here. Plus, no one can become a Vampire, it's impossible. How can a man come back to life for Christ's sake! So I say you can leave this case since this is located in West Virginia, not Hawkins." Dove assured me.

I sigh and nod, "yes sir. I would like to leave this one in your hands."

"Great. We'll stay in touch if we need you. Bye."

Before I could say bye, he hung up the call so I did too. Callahan looked at me in confusion so I looked back to him.

"We're off the case." I told him.

He nods, "okay...good night, Powell. And goodbye to the Munson Murders."

The when he left the room and I began to pack up things, too. It just hadn't made sense- but it wasn't my case anymore so I had just blocked it from my mind. I just left the room and went to my car, getting in and leaving.

Y/n's POV || the next morning

I woke up and felt sick to my stomach immediately. I got up and went to the bathroom, shutting the door and puking in the toilet. I groan and puke a few more times before flushing the toilet and having the door open. I wiped my mouth and looked up to see a tired Eddie with messy bed head. His blue and white boxers were cockeyed a bit and his eyes looked droopy.

"You okay, princess?" He asked tiredly.

I chuckle, "yeah, just fine."

"You should stay home today, just today or the week." He told me, "I'll bring your homework or do it for you."

I groan as he nods and lifts me off the floor and to the bed.

"I'll also get us an apartment today. I've got money for that now."

I smile and feel him peck my forehead as he began to get dressed.

"I'll go in by myself today and take care of you when you get back, okay?"

I nod as he came back with just some jeans and a belt on and kissed my stomach.

"Morning, Oz." He said gently.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as he said that since it was still super adorable that he said good morning to our boy. Once he got dressed completely and grabbed the car keys and kissed me one last time before leaving.

.sorry this had to be a short chap, just have to move on and finish!