30. I remember...

Eddie's POV

I watched the door open, expecting Y/n to walk through—but instead it was Steve Harrington. Just my lucky day.

"Hey...Munson." Harrington said.

I half smiled, "Hey, Harrington."

He sighed and sat in the chair that Y/n sat in but turned it around.

"I uhh...I never got to apologize for everything." He said.

I furrow my brows, "what're you talking about?"

Harrington shifted in his seat and ran his hand through his hair, "Well...I used to make fun of you—like a lot. And I only did because I wanted to stay popular and I thought you were such a freak—"

"Harrington."

"—but I never got to know you. You could've been so cool to me but I blew you off because I wanted to be popular. Gosh, I was such a douchebag."

"Harrington—"

"And yeah! Sure, I was, but that still doesn't give me any right to have been so rude and call you all those awful things. Now that I was fighting to save the world with you and you nearly died because you sa—"

"Steve."

He stopped running his mouth as I sighed and shook my head.

"Don't, please..."

He nods, "sorry...I kinda forgot."

I laugh, "I can tell..."

It was silent for a moment as he clicked his tongue and snapped his fingers which broke the silence.

"I remembered just now that uhh...Dustin used to tell me all the time how much he used to think you two dated or were dating and he used to call me all the time about it...he would not shut up. He used to say 'Steve' this and 'Steve' that. It started growing on me but he was right all along."

I smiled, "Henderson never really stops talking, does he?"

He nods, "I would know that."

He sighed and laughed a little, "Dustin used to always tell me too how you weren't a freak and how you were just different...how if people got to know you then everyone would love you."

I scoff, "oh whatever...I doubt that."

Y/n's POV

I saw Steve walk out of the room as he smiled at me.

"I'm done now."

I nod as I went back in and closed it, smiling at him.

"You okay now?" I asked him.

He nodded, "pretty okay...but not the best."

I nod, "alright...you want me to call off visitors for the day?"

He agreed as I left and closed the door.

"He really needs some alone time. So no more visitors for today."