Part 31: Cloud recesses pt9

(This chapter is one where WangXian starts to bloom~)

Wei Ying: Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan!!!

Lan Wangji sighed at the little bunny trailing behind him.

Lan Zhan: Do you need anything, Wei Ying?

This time, Wei Ying was cautious about his love life. He could tell when he is in love and he was sure that his- Lan Zhan caught his eye the first time he met him. He was sure it was love. He was so used to Pei Ming teaching their siblings and him how to flirt... I mean...Only WenXing and he was interested. By reading so many books, Ying Hua knew what he was going to teach right away and dragged her siblings away. But Pei Ming still taught them secretly...so he wouldn't get beat up by their parents. So the flirting lessons continued!

Wei Ying: Your kinda, sorta, basically, pretty much always on my mind Lan er-gonzi~

Lan Wangji's ears turned red and turned around trying to ignore the cute bunny behind him, trying to get his attention. He swore that when he saw the bunny behind him, Wei Ying's ears dropped a bit from disappointment. He felt the need to turn back and hug him but kept it all in and stopped. He turned around and got something from his pocket. It was a lovely jade hair brush that was the most finest of all the brushes in the shop. It was for his true love only. Wei Ying flirting with him means he likes him too, right? 

He was sometimes insecure, thinking he was not good enough for the ball of sunshine that was always trying to get his attention. Plus, he has parents that held the power over everything in the world. How could he relate to him and get him to love someone who is just a random commoner to him compared to the power he had? But he truly loved Wei Ying, he gave him the hairbrush, turned around, then jumped away on the roof, then to the next roof to get far away from the embarrassment. He didn't know that Wei Ying touched his forehead ribbon by accident when he turned around and jumped away.

That scenario was right after class, they didn't know that Lan Xichen was hiding right there behind a tree not bearing a sound from any part of his body, not moving at all. He saw Wei Ying touch his brother's forehead ribbon and nearly choked on his saliva. he knew it was by accident but he remembered the one rule nice and clear. 

"Whoever touched the Lan Clans forehead ribbon is their fated person that is to be married with"

He had to tell his uncle. Lan Xichen was a supportive brother, he could tell that Lan Wangji liked Wei Ying for a long time now. They would be put in an arranged marriage. But they had to ask the parents and carers for their permission to be betrothed to each other. Being married is a very big step in life. 

Lan Xichen went started his journey across cloud recesses to the orchid room where his uncle was grading papers from the current exams. Lan Qiren just looked half dead after reading Nie Huaisang's paper. Lan Qiren's mind was full of thoughts like: "did I not teach these children enough or-" and "Am I just wasting my damn time with teaching these unteachable children?" 

That's when Lan Huan knocked on the door.

Lan Huan: Uncle, are you in there?

Lan Qiren: Yes, come in.

Lan Qiren didn't want his dear nephew to see him in this condition so he thought of something that can cheer him up. "Think of mini Wangji with those cheeks I always wanted to squish." Then he was alright, and Xichen walked in. 

Lan Xichen: Hello Uncle.

Lan Xichen bowed.

Lan Qiren nodded his head and gestured for Lan Xichen to sit and poured him some tea.

Lan Qiren: So, what do you need?

Lan Xichen: It applies to the rules, Uncle.

With that, Lan Qiren sat up straighter than before.

Lan Xichen: you know the rules of the forehead ribbon for the fated person one, right?

Lan Qiren: Did anyone touch your forehead ribbon? Accident, or on purpose.

Lan Xichen: What? No, Uncle, someone touched A-Zhan's forehead ribbon.

Lan Qiren: What? Who?!

Lan Xichen: Wei Wuxian.

And that's how Lan Qiren died on that day.

(HELLO EVERYONE! I improved on my spelling and grammar, right? No mistakes at all! Most perfect chapter😂💀)