126. Even with its Tribulations

Wanda had to destroy the dark hold temple. With her in it. It was the only way. She had seen the damage that she had done in the sake of getting back her children and she saw the pain in their eyes. She needed to do this so no one else would be tempted.

'Get out of here.' stephen told America

'I will find you.' She told him. Opening a star portal back to kamar taj.

'I opened the Dark hold i have to close it. No one will ever be tempted by the dark hold again.' Wanda told Stephen as she started to work, pulling it apart. Stephen left the dream walk, falling to the ground, kat caught him.

'You okay? Did it work?' kat questioned running her hands over his face.

'we did it.' Stephen confirmed

'Is america okay?' kat questioned

'Shes coming to get us.' Stephen told her.

'Wanda?'

'No.' Stephen shook his head as kat helped him up. 'She destroyed the dark hold,' Stephen watched as the dark hold he had used to dream walk was destroyed. 'she destroyed the dark hold in every universe.' the dark hold book burned to nothing.

'She did the right thing i knew there was good in her....' kat told him. 'she just needed to get her head out of her dreams and face reality.'

'whats your universe like?' Christine questioned.

'its beautiful.' Stephen told her and kat turned around watching them at a distance.

'I wish I could see it.' Christine said stepping forward and kat cleared her throat.

'you cant.' Stephen told her. 'you don't belong there.'

'are you happy Stephen?' Christine asked glancing over at kat. She had a tight lipped smile on her face, arms crossed over her chest.

'I am. You were the first woman I loved,' Stephen told her and kat couldn't help but think he survived wanda just for her to kill him herself. 'but you never loved me. I was stuck in my head until I met kat.' He smiled back at her and her anger disappeared, tense shoulders sagging. 'I will always care about you but I have moved on. A long time ago. Many other Stephen stranges didn't get the chance to find happiness. True happiness. Because they were obsessed, coveting something that was never theirs.' America opened a portal smiling in at them. 'I wish you the best Christine.' Stephen told her before grabbing kats hand and pulling her through the portal.

'I was just about ready to kill you.' Kat murmured. 'but you redeemed yourself.' She assured kissing him before running off to hug America.

'I remain grateful about this universe. Even with its tribulations.' Wong informed them. Kamar taj had to be rebuilt, their sorcerers needed to continue their training, they all knew the forces of the dark arts were strong and they needed to prepare for the next battle.

'I like this universe as well.' Kat added smiling up to stephen.