Guilt

Kat had to keep living despite the unavoidable, stabbing guilt, and the rage and frustration that threatened to burn her up from the inside out.

'What do you think its like being dusted?'

'What do you mean?'

'Like are they in heaven or do they just cease to exist?' kat asked clint as she stared out into the fading sunlight.

'I dont know. I dont think we will ever know.' Clint admitted.

'Do you think they can feel when I think about them? With every breath I take. Every minute, no matter what I do. My world is an empty place. '

'I hope so. I hope they are at peace. A better place. Maybe look down at us. See our miserable state. God life without them-' clint shook his head. He lost his whole family. His wife and children. Neither of them were coping well.

'Like We've been wandering the desert for a thousand days?' kat questioned.

'Without rain,' clint added.

'Don't know if it's a mirage, but I always see his face. Everywhere i go.'

'Thats love.' Clint told her. 'I see her too. '

'A day without stephen is like a year without rain. I need him by my side i Don't know how I'll survive!' kat declared.

'A day without them is like a year without rain,' clint repeated. 'Lets make it rain then.' He told her pouring another drink.

Wear his memory like a stain, cant erase or numb the pain. Here to stay with kat forever. Breathing in and breathing out like Kat had the right live while they are gone. She didn't think she would ever break through the ghost of him.