|35| You are involved

You know when you wake up, and you feel that something is wrong. Well, that's exactly how I feel, and I fear the worst.

Even if I don't know what, today I sense that one of my brothers will blunder and reveal my little weekend with the devil. But what I don't know yet, is that the threat does not come only from my brothers. And that I will not take long to notice.

I am preparing my breakfast, but I see my brothers looking at their phones and laughing. There's something weird about it all, I can feel it, especially when they all start staring at me with malicious looks.

"What's your problem, assholes?" I ask, starting to worry while placing my breakfast on the table.

"Nothing pumpkin." Jay hums, and the boys nod, but I see their little smirks. I don't like that at all, something is up.

I start eating, and I unlock my phone to go to social medias, as I usually do during my breakfast. That's when my jaw drops, and I spit out all that I have in my mouth on the table. My stupid brothers laugh their asses off, while I panic.

"Change your profile picture stupid, someone can see it!" I hiss angrily ready to make them pay.

"You shouldn't be hiding stuff Ava, it's just karma," Diego declares, and he tries to speak again, I'm already on top of him stuffing his face with jam.

"Oh my god, you are so dead, girl." He spills the milk on me as I scream while my brothers laugh like maniacs.

They also get their taste of karma, since I spill juice on them. It goes into a general battle, and I soon forget why I was upset at the start. As a result, we are soaking wet, we have to take a shower, and so we are so late for school. I'm not even talking about the state of the kitchen, pray for our soul if dad finds out why we're late for school.

We all arrive after the bell, and we all get detention. Everyone is looking at Jay and me when we make our way into the classroom. James and Marco both have weird looks, so I know they probably saw it. My glare makes them understand they better not talk about it, or I'm going to take my hands on them and murder them.

He, too, looks at me. I know he is quite amused by the situation, which also earns him a glare. I feel this day is going to be tough, and I can't ignore the fact that everyone may know that I spent some time in a bed next to him. Since we are the only ones who know that nothing has happened and that the thoughts of young people our age are rather controversial, I fear the worst.

I'm in very big shit.

Peter and Camila tease me all morning, so much that I think my head will explode. Of course, they saw the picture, so it makes me wonder who else saw it. I have the feeling everyone knows and that they all look my way. I know I'm probably just paranoid, but I don't want to face the wrath of his fangirls and the constant teasing from my assholes of friends.

Jason, Diego, and Noah manage to avoid me, but I know they can't run away forever, and lunch is when I'm going to kill them, that means right away. I take my tray and go to the table, as soon as they spot me they seem to be wary, but Diego can't hide his wicked smile.

I know who's going to go down first.

During lunch, Diego doesn't seem to want to shut his freaking mouth, always making comments, which only some can understand, to try to give the clue to others. This seems to work, much to my dismay, as James and Jared seem to really pay attention to his words.

I prepare my little revenge, I wait for him to be on his phone to snatch it and expose him. I know recently he started talking with Nina, and this little boy has a crush on her and I want to know if she has one too. Then I also just want to scare him, I'm not a monster, I'm not going to really expose him, or not that much.

He then threatens me with Elias's phone, who is too caught up in his thoughts to take the phone back. But since I don't give him his phone back, he shows the photo to the whole table.

Tell me I'm dreaming, I think I just added someone to my murder list.

The phone is now passing in everyone's hands, and they can all see everything while he's not doing anything against it.

"I hope you are kidding, now people are going to get ideas about the two of us. Except that there is absolutely nothing. So no matter how we are in the photo, I don't want everyone to tell rumors about both of us. Because you and I don't exist, got it?" I add and glare at him, while he looks at me smiling.

Freaking smiling.

"Sorry, but he had to show the world the truth, Ava." Peter and Jared tell me as I look at them angrily.

"No. What truth? Mind your own business. Now everyone is going to make assumptions, and since we don't like each other, I don't see why I should be involved in all of his drama with his fangirl or whatever." I declare, still glaring at him.

"Even without the photo, you are involved. Now we show the world what you don't want to admit, later you'll know we were right. We know it's not the right way, but you have to open your eyes, Ava." James says, and I get up and get out of the cafeteria.

Opening my eyes? About what?

"Sorry." They try to say, but I don't turn around. I am so pissed off against them, but also against myself for taking the photo and for making a big deal about it.

It's just that I don't want everyone to know how I feel, I don't need other people to get involved in my life. My emotions are too complicated, and I don't need someone else to tell me what to do and disturb me even more.

Besides, I don't want Mackenzie and all the girls to get mad at me for sleeping next to their crush. I'm not in the mood to deal with one of them, and I'm not sure if I'll keep my cool if someone teases or pisses me off for that.

****

At home, the boys try to tease me and make me smile, but I'm in the mood. I stay with dad to watch a movie as he sends the guys away to leave us alone. Dad is not the most demonstrative, but he knows how to show his love for us and how deeply he cares for us. He has his own ways, but who doesn't? He doesn't push the topic and just lets me calm down with him, both of us laughing at the movie all evening while eating cakes.

After, I spend the whole night thinking about the events of the day, and the previous one too, scrolling through the photos. He doesn't want to leave my thoughts, plus I know what James was talking about, but I won't admit it, it would be useless because nothing will happen between us.

I will continue to ignore him, and everyone will forget about the photo. And when they'll see that we're not talking, the rumors will disappear.

But are these just rumors?