|13| I'm totally with you on this

Today is a new day. It ended badly yesterday, I just hope no one will ask me questions about it. My brothers are wary, I see them studying my actions since yesterday, but I don't want them to worry about me.

"I'm fine, stop analyzing all of my movements." I get out of the car to join Peter and Camila, who are waiting for me in the parking lot, bickering like always.

"That's what you say, but you just lie so as not to worry us, you know we are a family. We all stick together, no matter what the problems are. So if you feel anything, will you tell us?" Diego asks me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders

"Yes, lil bro, I will," I say, pinching his cheek while he whines.

"I already told you that I'm taller than you and more mature of course," he says proudly while we all look at him disconcerted, while Jason tries to keep himself from laughing out loud.

"That's what you think, but I don't agree with you on that point. Someone who has fun putting on his sister's underwear and hiding all of his family's left shoes can't consider himself mature." Noah laughs and ruffles Diego's hair as he pouts and tries to defend himself, while Peter and Camila stop their conversation to look at us curiously.

"I don't want to know what you did with her underwear, but you're definitely a strange family. I don't want to understand this conversation any further," Camila says, grabbing my arm and leading me to our lockers, removing Diego's arm from my shoulders.

"Hey, give me back my sister, you piece of-" He is cut off by my twin who slams a hand on his mouth, while Camila gives him the finger and takes me, running and laughing, away from all this testosterone.

We arrive panting in front of her locker, still laughing. She puts her stuff there, and she starts talking about a chick with whom she chatted on the internet. She talks to me about a lot of things, I understand only half, but still, continue to listen to her. Before entering the class, she stops me and puts her hands on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry about last night. I don't know what happened, but I hope it's not my fault. I want to apologize for dragging you into this." She looks down, I can feel anxiety in her voice.

"It's not your fault, I agreed with you. Whatever happened, it was not your fault. It's already an old story, I forgot. Come on, and tell me what she said after you told her about your obsession with Anne Hathaway," I ask her, raising her chin and grabbing her hand, leading her into the classroom as her smile returned.

She chuckles as we head for our seats, the lessons are rather boring, just like this day. Nothing really happens, except when I head to the parking lot to wait for my brothers and go home, someone stops me and I turn around to come face to face with Mia.

"Hey, Avalon... I wanted to know if you were better. I know you don't want to talk about it, and I'm not asking you for explanations. I just want to know if you feel better," she asks me shyly, playing with the strap of her backpack, avoiding my gaze.

"I'm fine, thank you," I tell her kindly, I never truly interacted with her before, but she's the one I like the most in Mackenzie's group.

"You know, the two of us never really talked. And it's a shame because I really like you. I mean, I know I could be friends with someone like you, you're nice. You're not trying to impress or be someone else to get people to accept you. I respect that, and I feel embarrassed, I always try to act differently to make sure that people will love me... I don't know why I'm telling you that, you don't care. Sorry." She starts to leave, muttering curses and shaking her head.

"Wait, Mia!" She turns around, a glimmer of joy crossing her eyes.

"I don't think you should try to be someone else, I'm sure people will appreciate you for what you really are. You're a good person, and I think we should talk more, just you and me. I like you too." I smile at her as she gives me a huge smile, then takes me in her arms. I'm rather shocked at the start, yet I hug her lightly in my turn.

"I'm really glad you said that. It's really nice of you, I'm sure it's the start of a great friendship. Mackenzie's little reign is about to collapse, I'm ready to do it myself, I can't take it anymore. I don't like how she treats you, and how she treats everyone in general. I don't know how I managed to put up with it for so long," she exclaims firmly, her fists clenching, and smiles brightly at me while I'm a bit choked by her confession.

"I'm totally with you on this, I can't stand this girl. I think we have more in common than I thought." We then exchange our numbers and stay talking about a lot of things, just laughing and getting to know each other better.

I think I will really appreciate her, she is a very good person. Our personalities correspond and we talk about many things, even stupid subjects. The fact that she doesn't like Mackenzie is also an important point. She tells me a lot of anecdotes, and we discover several common points. I understand better why Camila always told me that she liked Mia and that she found her different in a good way, not like most bimbos on the cheerleader's team.

Soon after, my brothers and the boys arrive and give us an odd glance. She takes this as her cue to leave and waves me goodbye as the guys have a curious look and are waiting for an explanation, especially James.

"Since when have you two been friends?" James asks, raising an eyebrow, following her silhouette which moves away.

"Since now, and I think it's going to be a great friendship, try not to be too jealous, mate." I wink at him, and he slaps my arms, making me yell. He gives me a hug to apologize when he sees the dark looks that my brothers cast in his direction.

I laugh and try to free myself from his grip, but stop when he whispers something in my ear, making me blush hard, and soon everyone asks what this pervert said to embarrass me, ready to beat him up.

James quickly gets into Elias's car, avoiding any questions, while I get into Noah's car, doing the same thing. My brothers send deadly glances to James, who laughs in the car, but who is soon slapped in the back of the head by Peter.

Through the window, I look at him and see that he looks really upset. I think what James said was true, and maybe he doesn't like it when James and I are together, but I don't really know why. I don't believe James when he says that he is probably jealous. He's probably just upset because of something else, it's simply a coincidence that it happened as James hugged me. This one winks at me and I see him arguing with him right after as he rolls his eyes and raises his hands in capitulation.

So someone else is going to be a jealous mate?