|15| Maybe they're perfect for each other

I wake up thanks, or because of my alarm clock, it's already 8 a.m. I have to get ready for my Sunday jog. These last weeks, I did it with Elias. Well, I mean that Nala always finds a way to reach him, so we decided, in some way, to run together, much to Nala's delight.

It's peaceful, we run alongside, each with our music. We just appreciate the other's presence, I guess. I think that's a good thing, it pushes me to run at a better pace to match his. It's like a little challenge, and Nala really enjoys it too, I believe it's a win-win situation.

"What are you listening to?" He asks me as we stretch out on the grass, Nala playing with his shoelaces.

I give him my phone while I start playing with Nala, he's probably digging through my playlists. It's a moment that I always feel uncomfortable with, I don't know why, but showing someone your playlist is a bit private, and I'm a coward.

"You have good taste, you know, much better than Jason, for sure. It's nice to hear those in French and Spanish." He hands me his phone as I raise an eyebrow, puzzled, while Nala jumps on him, knocking him back onto the grass, making him laugh as she licks his face.

"It's only fair if I show you mine too, and maybe you'll leave me yours for next time since it's better than mine." He laughs again and begins to playfully fight with Nala, while I go into his phone, seeing a photo of the boys and him on the home screen. I could do whatever I want right now, but I'm not a freak, so I go straight to his playlists, seeing that he has great tastes too.

Maybe I could use his phone while he uses mine, only because he asked of course, not because I want to.

"You're not too bad yourself," I say, handing him the phone back as he dusts off, trying to get the grass off him and in his hair. It's probably time to go home, I'm so hungry.

"Thank you." I help him get the grass out of his hair while he lets me do it, just looking at me. He's sitting on the grass while I'm squatting in front of him, letting me reach for his head, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to see the top.

I can feel Nala playing with my legs, he tries to stop her, laughing and tickling my legs unknowingly. I'm struggling with a piece of wood stuck in one of his curls when suddenly I loose my balance because Nala jumps behind me. On top of that, I fall, and he catches me, obviously since I'm falling on him. I bet he's as red as me, knowing his head wasn't really in the right place. He helps me up, asking if I'm okay as I nod and start to laugh in embarrassment. He scratches the back of his head and avoids my eyes, while Nala barks as if enjoying the scene.

"That little prick, she'll be the death of me," I say trying to ease the embarrassment. He chuckles awkwardly, while I pat Nala, sighing as she barks happily at me.

"Guess it's time to go home, thanks for today. See you later, maybe Monday or anytime." We go our separate ways and I start a little breakdown when he's out of sight, asking Nala why she's doing this to me. I sob dramatically, letting myself fall onto the grass, my arms outstretched, growling in exasperation and tearing the grass out as she comes next to me and snuggles up to me, barking and banging my head affectionately, like every time I have a crisis.

****

Later, Camila and Peter came over to the house, we chilled with Noah, Jason, and Diego, and watched a horror movie, eating like we haven't eaten for eight days in a row. We chatted and just enjoyed our last day of the weekend, doing everything but our homework.