|30| The beach or the bitch

"This is going to be AWESOME!" Jason is screaming all over the house as Dad and I roll our eyes, ready to splash our hot drinks on him to stop hurting our ears.

"Boys, shut up. You're going to kill your poor parents if you continue like this, besides I could forbid you to go on the trip too," mum says, making them calm down a bit.

She came to say goodbye to us, even if we only leave a few days including the ride, it's a ritual, we get all together before we leave them, just in case something happens. This is great, but a little silly since anything can happen every day and not just on those types of little trips, but whatever. I love it when we're almost altogether, like old times.

After our breakfast, cooked by mom, she helps us all with our things and embraces us like we are leaving her forever. Dad is laughing behind, but I know he's the same, he hugs me pretty tight and he crushes the boy in a wild tackle, like they always do, making mum and I laugh, especially when Diego pleads for our help.

"Goodbye guys, we love you. Stay safe, and most importantly, protect yourself!" We all grunt at that and they both laugh.

"If anything happens to any of you, kill the bastard." Mom slaps dad on the chest for it, but we all give him a thumbs up, especially Noah since he's supposed to be the oldest, therefore the most responsible.

"Don't worry dad, I got the situation under control," DD exclaims as we all laugh, knowing that this is far from true and that we are probably in better hands on our own than under his watch.

"I'm sure you do, son, I believe in you." Mom and dad smile as Jason pats him on the shoulder, making him look at us confused.

"Why do I have the feeling that you are all mocking me right now?" We all laugh, then wave goodbye and head off to go to James' place, where we all planned to meet.

"Hello, Domínguez!" Everyone greets us, of course, we are the last as always. I mean it's hard to be on time, especially when there are four of us and when our parents don't seem to want to let us go.

We all try to organize our luggage in the cars. Peter, Noah, Jared, and Eliot are the drivers. It takes time for everyone to be happy with the way they are sitting and who they are with. For me it's pretty easy, I obviously go in Eliot's car with Levi and Angela. Diego, Arthur, Pablo, a friend of Diego who is also part of the football team, and James, are with Noah. Mia is with Peter, Camila, and Nina while Jason, Marco, and Elias are with Jared.

I mean, that was what was supposed to happen, but Maureen's car had a problem, so the three mean girls are now supposed to come with us, and obviously, they won't be coming in my car, even though it's one of the few that still has room.

Why they are here is simple: Mackenzie is Jared's cousin, and the other two are Mackenzie's puppies. End of the story.

So right now we're waiting for the others to solve the problem, as Levi and I listen to music together, while Eliot and Angela give each other loving eyes and talk about everything.

"Hey, guys. Looks like you're stuck with me for the rest of the trip." Elias opens the door and gets into the car, while Levi waves me out because he wants to change places and go to the window, which causes me to find myself stuck between these two boys.

"Where are the bland girls?" I ask as everyone chuckles.

"Maureen and Lana are in Jared's car and Mackenzie is in Peter's car. Poor Jay, he's going to want to kill himself before the trip is over." We laugh about it, then we all get ready for this 6-hours trip.

We talk about everything, sometimes I just listen to Elias and Eliot talk about sports, or Angela and Eliot talk, more like her talking and him trying to fit a word into her monologue. Other times I just listen to music and watch Levi sleep. I'm not ready to sleep in front of all these people so I'm just going to sit here and try not to close my eyes.