|1| Home

Home: a house, apartment, or another shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.

You can use it to refer in a general to the house, town, or country where someone lives now or where they were born, often to emphasize that they feel they belong in that place. But you can also refer it to a family unit as a home. You can even say it's where the heart is...

However, to say I feel good at my home isn't really the right word. That doesn't mean I feel unsafe, it's just that I don't feel really at ease. She holds too many memories, good but also bad ones.

Of course, I'm happy to be back in some way. I choose to. This town is where my brothers, my parents, and some of my best friends are, so obviously, I'm glad to be here. Yet, this is also the place I once ran away from.

I guess we can talk about mixed feelings right now.

Should I be ecstatic to see my old friends and to be able to live and spend most of my time with my brothers? Or be devastated because this place will probably give me some really bad times, and probably a lot of side effects, who were why I decided to go live in France back then?

I guess I can't know it till I live it, so here we go.

****

It's now 5 a.m. and to say I look like a zombie is quite a compliment right now. I flew back to my hometown, Riverside in California, and I just landed. I'm currently going to where my bags are and to my family, who normally expects me.

I don't feel bad for waking them up this early, we are a family, we should get through these kinds of things together.

I begin to look for familiar faces among the flood of people around me, who are oppressing me. Who would have thought there would be so many people here by this hour.

I don't even have time to look past the few people in front of me that I'm engulfed in a wild bear hug. I should've said a gigantic bear hug since, basically, three people are suffocating me at the moment.

I missed them so much.

Now, telling me that I will be with them every day is enough to brighten my mood. Even if I am extremely tired, I can hug each of them and my parents with enormous force. Everything that is going to happen and everything that I will have to face is worth it because I am with them now. Plus, I know I can't run away all my life. They will be there for me, I will be there for them. I'll make up for the lost time.

When we get home, it's already 6 a.m. As soon as the door open, Diego, Jason, and I rush into Jason's room and pile up on his bed. Then, I guess we fall asleep, without taking care to unpack my things or change our habits of course.

I wake up, well rather Diego wakes us up because, I quote "his stomach could no longer wait to be fed". Since, of course we fell asleep on top of each other, all intertwined, when one of us decided to get up the others automatically woke up too. It's a habit with us, we don't really know personal space, we always fall asleep in improbable positions, and we don't mind sharing the bed and everything in general.

That's the Domínguez kids for you.

It's now midday, and to say that I am hungry is a very small word. We can hear my stomach growling at the other end of town. I understand my little brother more than anything right now.

When we arrive in the kitchen, the smell of the buffet that my father has prepared for my arrival is just so appetizing. It's during these moments that I am particularly proud of my origins, having the right to eat my father's little Spanish dishes is a blessing.