|14| Release the lions

This week, something was new.

Mia no longer hung out with Mackenzie's group. She's spent all of her time with me or Camila, and at lunch, she always sits with us and the boys, much to James' delight, he definitely thanked me a million times for that.

Of course, the queen bee doesn't like it at all, and she made sure I was aware of it. All week, she did little things to piss me off, like trying to trip me up or just doing the science project with him, since the teacher preferred that we work in mixed groups.

I'm totally not jealous.

Of course not, I don't care about him. It's just that she always tries to be in my paws, and it's already been a week since I said anything and let her do it. But I will soon let go and no longer control myself if she continues.

Maybe sooner than I expected.

We are at lunch with the boys, Cami, Lucy, and Mia. Nothing special happened today, at least for the moment, except I know something is inevitable at any time because not a day has passed without Mackenzie doing something to piss me off. We are currently having a conversation about NASA and all these types of things, I don't know how we get to that topic but never mind. Eliot comes to the table, as he sits I can see that he seems hesitant about something.

"Hey, you alright?" He nods but still seems weird.

"Spill," Mia asks firmly, making sure he's going to answer her rapidly, making the whole table look at him.

"I think she was really bashing you, but that's not the problem here, she always does. I think she's up to something, something about you Ava, and maybe you too Elias. Plus she's definitely mad at you Mia, you should really watch your back. Oh, and I guess she was trying to seduce James too." James' colors fade from his face as he looks rather confused, taking into account Mia's frown and her growing anger.

"Ok, that's it. I'm going to end her," she says, her fists on the table and her brows furrowed.

"Oh yes, count me in," Camila says, rolling up her sleeves in a pretty dramatic way.

"Yeah! Release the lions!" Marco screams and fist bumps Jared, as Camila and Mia stand up ready to go straight to Mackenzie's table, causing most of the cafeteria to stop what they're doing to watch the show.

I finish my slice of pizza, drink, and slowly put down my water bottle, then wipe my mouth, my gaze still cool and neutral. I don't know what the hell is going to happen, but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

"She scares me, man," Marco whispers to Peter, who nods slowly. I take the time to breathe, then I stand up abruptly and go straight to her table too. I pass Camila and Mia, then slap my hands on the table brutally, right next to her tray, making her and the rest of the table jump.

"You want to play Roberts, I'm up for a little game. Why not, who's going to break first?" I say venomously, making sure she knows I'm not joking.

"Are you sure you want to play with me? We both know who will win in the end," she says after gaining her composure again, seeing that everybody is watching and listening.

"Yeah, we both know who will win. But know that if I ever lose, even if we know it won't happen, I'm going to take you down with me," I say, looking her straight in the eyes without breaking contact.

"Just like you do with everyone," she spits with venom too and gets up, her brows furrowed.

"Watch your filthy mouth around me, or you're going to regret it." I approach my face closer to her, as she backs away a bit, making me smirk.