Chapter 61

Siervian was returning to the palace, fiddling with the ring.

But the solidity of the ring reminded her of the Emperor's thoughts again.

'You can trust Karmen, but you don't know him yet.'

Even while extremely angry about the grain incident, her father unexpectedly took a great interest in her ring for some unknown reason.

After an inspection that took seemingly forever, magic was put into it.

Perhaps he was worried.

'The grain incident will only get worse in the future, what should I do?'

And with those uneasy thoughts, Siervian was unable to return to the Imperial Palace.

"Are you going to take a walk, Princess?"

"Yes!"

Siervian then bravely set off on a path she did not usually take.

So she roamed around the Imperial Palace carefully.

[ Ellie ]
Thoughts: This is your first time in the garden of the Lord of the magic tower. Huhuhu, I love how every time the Princess walks there's a ppo dyap, ppo dyap sound.

It doesn't sound like that!

Siervian took her eyes off Ellie's status window and was lost in deep thought.

During this period, the Navapal empire's excuses for raising grain prices varied.

Difficult to sell to other countries because the level of crops was not enough even in a prosperous year, difficult to get in the trade routes due to the disturbance of the Tungka empire, et cetera.

'But it was all a lie.'

Surprisingly, the empire of Tungka was actually in collusion with the Navapal empire.

Before the trade route arrangement, the two empires were not on good terms so it started a small war.

But it was revealed years later that the local war was all made up.

'Now it's the raising of grain prices...'

The Navapal empire will gradually demand higher prices in exchange for grain. The process of it was not known, but the empire was shaken a lot by that trick.

'Come to think of it, why didn't the empire import grain from elsewhere?'

The Navapal empire was not only the empire that has wide plains on the continent, but it indeed was strange.

At any rate, when she was twelve years old, it became difficult for the people in the slums to get food.

Of course, the nobles did not starve.

"Aren't you the Princess, no?"

The Lord of the magic tower suddenly appeared.

As Ellie had thought, Siervian was getting close to the wizard's garden.

"Gweetings."

In respect of the brilliant lord, Siervian greeted politely.

With a bright smile on his face, the Lord of the magic tower stopped on his way and approached Siervian.

"Are you here to see this old man? To learn some magic?"

The Lord's eyes shone like a curious child's as he bent one knee to match his eye level to Siervian's.

[ Turana Ellison ]
Favorability: 25,060

They had only met a few times, but the Lord boasted high empathy.