Chapter 39

The interrogator, who came here to report about the questioning that had been conducted on the thief, could not hide his bewilderment.

"T-That's not it, sire. I believe his purpose was the treasure room."

However, soon after the interrogator said this, Emperor Alderuan's expression hardened as he stared down at the other man.

The interrogator was already under so much pressure, and now his mouth was dry.

"So, you dare say that my daughter is not a treasure?"

"D-Did I make a slip of the tongue? Please forgive me, Your Majesty."

At that moment, not only the emperor but also the crown prince, who was standing nearby, widened their eyes fiercely.

Thanks to this, the interrogator trembled even more as he lowered his body to the floor.

"O-Of course, Her Highness the Princess is the greatest treasure of this empire, however, the thief's objective seems to be the other treasures inside the treasure room."

"Hm."

Only then did the emperor draw back the pressure he was exuding. He nodded.

Reading the atmosphere, the interrogator quickly looked back at the attendant who was behind him.

"What is that," the emperor asked.

"These are the criminal's possessions, sire. As you can see, he intended to infiltrate a certain place."

What the interrogator showed was a bead containing the spell to release a magic trap, as well as a variety of tools to force a lock open.

"Father. I don't think his goal was to take Siervian."

As Damian was standing next to his father here to solve the case, he spoke up.

"Is that what you think?"

"Yes. First of all, he wouldn't have been able to know that Siervian would come to that particular place. It's not easy to expect the birthday party's main character to go someplace so out of the way."

Damian had a misunderstanding about Siervian going to that place. He thought that she must have gone so far out to that place because she wanted to avoid the count's son.

It was an open secret that the emperor, who Damian shared this misunderstanding with, was planning to condemn the count.

"Even when I heard from the ladies-in-waiting, it seemed that it was an unplanned trip for the Princess to go there."

Hex also added this. He was the one who took the testimonies of the ladies-in-waiting.

"Those words make sense. It's another one that's caught."

According to the escort knight who was assigned to Siervian, she had evidently pointed exactly towards the thief when she said he was 'weird'.

As if she could clearly see the man's innermost thoughts.

"What are you talking about?" Damian asked.

"The same happened with the mage scoundrel last time. There are so many ruffians hovering around Siervian."

"Isn't it because Siervian has good senses?"

Then, as the father and son duo were about to go into their fervent discussion, Siervian's escort knight spoke up.

"Your Majesty. There's one more thing I must report."

"Speak."

"This could be something I'm wrong about, however it seems as though Her Highness started warning me about the intruder 'memorizing'..."