Chapter 18

"Siervy."

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: Why aren't you answering? Maybe you don't want me calling you that way? No, our pretty Siervian won't think like that. I knew it, if it's a different nickname...

Ah, Siervian's ears didn't deceive her. Her father really called her with that nickname.

It sounded awkward on his tongue and it didn't seem like an affectionate nickname at all. Still, it was leagues different from how the Empress said it pretentiously earlier. Siervian wondered why.

"Yees."

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Favorability: +100
Favorability: +100
Favorability: +100

In any case, the Emperor called her, so she answered calmly as she clutched the skirt of her dress awkwardly.

Come to think of it, Siervian remembered that Ellie was going to fix her wardrobe today.

"Chamberlain. Bring in what was prepared."

Siervian was just standing there, not knowing what to do, but as she heard her father's sudden command, her eyes widened.

The chamberlain appeared as though he had been waiting all this time and placed many snacks at the table in front of where they were sitting.

"Eat first before you go."

As her father gestured towards the chair, Siervian returned to her seat as if she'd been possessed. It was still a big, very high chair for her.

Whimpering as she reached up, she suddenly found herself lifted into the air.

"Ah..."

"...It looked like you were struggling. Don't be scared."

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Favorability: +100

When she was carried to the chair right then, she could finally see the table. The snacks looked different from what she saw in the Emperor's private garden last time.

'Is that a pie?'

The savory but not too overwhelming scent flowed into her nose.

The yellow pumpkin pie was shiny because of the caramelized sugar on top. And there was a glass of milk next to it that was a little darker than usual. Was it soy milk?

She expected that she'd eat macarons again today, so when she saw the table, she was gobsmacked.

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: I told them to prioritize nutrition because you're still a child. You don't like it?

"I guess you don't like any of these."

Siervian realized that her father's inner thoughts were similar to Ellie's. That must be why the snacks, which were once full of sugar, had changed.

The Emperor observed Siervian's small face as she gaped at the table, then he frowned.

"Uh-uh. I don't diswike anything."

It's not that she hated anything, just that she had never tried it before. She picked up a fork that was a little too heavy for her small hand.

"Then, which one is your favorite out of all of these?"

"I haven't twied them yet."

"......"

Siervian's hands wriggled a bit as she looked back at him with a questioning gaze.

She actually didn't know the names of the other food except for the pie. Perhaps they were different kinds of bread, so should she just eat them? But which one should she choose? All of them were in such big portions that she didn't think she could eat more than one.