Chapter 23

There were a lot of different macarons that she hadn't seen yet before.

"Macawon!"

As she approached the table quickly, waddling over there excitedly, she saw a chocolate macaron that she's been craving since last time. Siervian, who was so happy at this moment, took one in her hand and smiled.

A real macaron...!

"So macarons are better than cakes."

Alderuan said this as he watched the princess, speaking in a somewhat certain tone.

But that wasn't right.

As she was purely delighted, Siervian looked up carefully at her father. Even if he was her father, she still had to muster a lot of courage just to look at him.

"Both are yummy."

"Then I'll prepare both for you next time."

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: ...Both are yummy.

The Emperor paused for a while, then he eventually nodded. If his daughter says so, then that's that.

"Yeah!"

Really, it was such a happy moment that she couldn't even dare dream about.

Until she came here, she was worried that he'd be disappointed in her. But today, she learned that sometimes, far from what she was expecting, things would be much more fun.

* * *

The next day, as soon as Siervian finished eating lunch, she went to the Emperor's private garden because she wanted to run around there while the sun was still high up.

Of course, her father wasn't in the garden because he was busy. Thanks to this, she was able to fully enjoy the quiet scenery.

'I don't know until when I'll be allowed here, so I'll come here a lot until then.'

And after spending a leisurely time there, she went back to the Princess' Palace, only to find an unexpected guest.

The Crown Prince was sitting at the drawing room as calmly as he did the last time.

"I brought some chocolate mousse cake today."

[ Damian Erveldote ]
Thoughts: I can't lose.

What did he mean by he 'can't lose'? Did he have a fight with someone today? In the middle of a strange situation once more, even before she had time to get confused, the Crown Prince held out what he had in his hand.

It was a small cake.

"Choco?"

"Yeah."

It was a cake that had an unusual appearance.

The cake looked like a normal saucer, and there wasn't any visible chocolate outside the pastry.

While carefully approaching him after hearing the word 'chocolate', Siervian had no choice but to look at him dubiously.

"I'll show you something amazing."

"Amashing things are nwice."

Last time, she got some animal sculptures. She couldn't hide her anticipation and sat next to her brother with sparkling eyes. She was going to sit across from him, but this side was closer to the cake.

"......"

But when she sat down, she got too close. She carefully gauged her brother's demeanor if ever he hated being this close to her.