Chapter 37

The celebration's first day had ended.

This was because the young princess didn't seem able to focus on the festivities yet. Much too many things happened in a party where a child was the main character.

"Did you have fun today, Princess?"

"Yeaahh..."

Of course, it wasn't truly because of Siervian's inability to focus. She was just busy looking at this place and that place because she lost track of the thief for just a moment.

"Now then, please say 'hooray!' for me and raise your arms."

"Hooray..."

The party ended while she was reading the status windows of everyone who passed by her. The emperor was closely watching how she was acting, and because of this, he sent her back early in case she was feeling sick.

"Now, hold your nose please."

"Okayy."

Of course, it was also true that she was tired from walking around in this body she couldn't quite control yet.

Even after Ellie gave her a bath, dressed her and tucked her into bed, Siervian couldn't fall asleep just yet.

'Why is there a thief in the imperial palace?'

Inside the dark bedroom, Siervian was still puzzled.

It was a huge matter that a thief had entered the imperial palace. If someone had an unclear background, they wouldn't be able to enter the palace so easily.

It was so strange because Siervian couldn't remember anything about this even though it's a big deal.

'I'm sure nothing like this happened.'

She had never heard of a time when the imperial palace had been infiltrated by a thief.

Even if it wasn't announced to the public, rumors would at least come and go within the palace.

'Maybe... I'll remember...'

Anyway, her fatigue was catching up to her. As she drifted off to sleep, she tried to think about the good things that happened today which she would treasure.

But then, it was at that moment that she recalled a memory, as though lightning had struck her.

'Treasure... Treasure?!'

Her drowsiness suddenly vanished and Siervian sat up in a hurry. Both of her hands were clenched into fists over her blanket.

'The burglary of the imperial palace's treasure room, was it around this time?'

The treasure room was where all the rarest riches of the imperial family were stored, and it was located deep within the place.

Not only were there strict guards, but even magical defenses.

Even so, when Siervian was young, this imperial treasure room had been raided.

'What was stolen again?'

Siervian surprisingly recalled the event right away, but she couldn't remember what the stolen item was.

Either she didn't hear what it was, or the stolen item wasn't of that much importance.

Anyway, Siervian still thought that this case should be prevented.

'Father will be attacked by the aristocrats with this later!'

When she was about fourteen years old, there was an incident that caused the imperial palace's defenses to be raised.

However, the aristocrats hated it whenever the emperor's authority was strengthened, so they nitpicked and attacked him ferociously. To be exact, the aristocrats tried to fill in positions with the people they recommended, who were not under the direct command of the emperor.