Chapter 4

Siervian, whose attention was now on her brother's status window, struggled to climb up a chair with her small body, then sat down.

". . ."

Not long after, they started eating.

It was all too unfortunate for Siervian. Her small hands couldn't grasp the large, heavy silverware, so the heavy silence was interrupted by her utensils clanking on the plate loudly.

The thing was, she could just eat less if she wanted to avoid making any noises, but even that wasn't easy.

Because it all looked so delicious.

After she started seeing the status window, she wanted to change the future. She still had some doubts whether her father's stats really were his true feelings for her, but . . .

Before anything else, she was distracted by all the food before her. On the table were dishes that couldn't even be compared to the food at the Princess's Palace, what with the pitiful bread and watery pepper soup.

Here, there were toasted cheese biscuits with coarse salt and honey-pickled fruits as appetizers.

As soon as she took a careful bite, a refreshingly delicious taste exploded in her mouth.

Nyam, nyam.

Right after taking one bite, the main dish was soon brought out.

The entrée was a huge steak, still steaming on its plate as if to announce that it just got off the grill.

Other types of meat and vegetables were also available around it. Siervian took a whiff of the sweet sauce.

Thanks to the gravy and the chandelier's lighting, the steak gave off a warm glow. Her mouth started watering.

'I can't. Today . . . I already ate too much.'

With trembling fingers on her knife and fork, Siervian picked up a piece of meat from the serving plate to her own. There was a bigger piece next to it, but she decided to restrain herself and get the smaller one.

After hesitating for a bit, she eventually brought a small slice to her mouth.

'Delicious!'

The more she chewed, the more the steak on her plate got smaller. The sauce was as sweet as the scent that filled the air.

When she finally finished her meal, she descended from cloud nine and suddenly came back to her senses. She stared at her empty plate and bowed her head in repentance.

Not only did she make too much noise with her clumsy hands, but she also ate too much food without maintaining dignity. What should she do?

This was why dinner was always suffocating.

"Is the food not to your taste?"

Reflexively flinching from her father's low voice, Siervian raised her gaze once more.

She forgot to look at the status window because she was so distracted by the tender meat in front of her. When looking at the status window, she needed to look at the other person's face . . . !

But the Emperor turned away, saying nothing. In an instant, Siervian's hands turned into ice.

She shouldn't complain about the food.

Especially her.

'Rotten food just for you, you damn wench!'

'The children are starving!'

At that moment, she could hear several shouting voices in that dinner hall. It was loud enough to completely erase the silence.

But then, a status window popped up.