Chapter 27

"You don't want to eat alone?"

"Yees. I wanna eat twogether."

Siervian nodded shyly. Fortunately, her father didn't shake off her hold on his sleeve.

Next to her, Ellie was wiping her eyes for some reason.

Looking carefully at the other people's faces, she wanted to say more so that it wouldn't be considered to be a big deal.

"E-Even if it's nwot evewyday, it's okay."

She wanted to rationalize it more.

She was so quiet in her previous life. Maybe that's why she was having a hard time expressing her thoughts now.

It felt like there was a gag over her mouth so that she couldn't say the things she wanted to say properly.

Maybe this was also a problem that's caused by the synchronization issue that the status window told her about.

"......"

Perhaps it was hard to understand her because her father didn't say anything back.

Losing confidence now, she bowed her head little by little.

She had been too greedy.

"T-Then swometimes only, not many times, only swometimes..."

Normally, she would have already asked for forgiveness at this point.

But why did she feel so sad today?

There were lingering feelings, so she made excuses now, asking for not much time.

'I saved a lot of people today, and I got complimented...'

She had bowed her head so low that she couldn't see her father's status window when her father answered.

"There is a misunderstanding."

At the displeased tone, Siervian looked up in surprise.

Frowning, the Emperor looked at his daughter closely.

There seemed to have been a misunderstanding.

"Didn't the chamberlain tell you properly?"

Siervian, who thought that the grand chamberlain had come again to emphasize that there would no longer be breakfasts together with her father, felt as though her blood had turned cold.

And meanwhile, the Emperor didn't know that her daughter was stiff and unable to say anything, so he turned to the chief lady-in-waiting of the Princess' Palace.

"Answer. Why does the Princess think that she won't be having breakfast with me anymore in the future?"

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: I was planning to come back again after my schedule's cleared.

Huh?

Raising her head, Siervian looked at Ellie.

It wasn't that he didn't want to come anymore?

"I humbly implore Your Majesty, but the grand chamberlain of the Emperor's Palace only briefly informed us that Your Majesty could not attend breakfast."

"Then?"

"...It seems that Her Highness had interpreted this as Your Majesty not coming anymore, instead of only for a while..."

As Ellie was talking, there was a visible enlightenment dawning upon her features.

'Come to think of it, that's around the time the Princess strangely looked despondent!'