Chapter 36

"It's been a long time since I've sensed such a strong mana scent. As Your Majesty knows..."

"Be careful with your words, Tower Lord," the emperor said.

It was around the age of twelve that Siervian first met the tower lord in her previous life. Originally, he wasn't one to attend such banquets.

At that time, she only greeted him because he was there to see her older brother. And he only passed by, as though he didn't even hear her.

"Is the scent of the Princess' mana that outstanding?"

"Yes, Your Majesty the Empress. That is..."

It seemed that the emperor was uncomfortable, and because he blocked the tower lord's words, the tower lord started to feel wary.

Listening to the conversation that passed over her head, Siervian also had a serious expression.

There's something weird here.

Obviously, she started studying magic when she was eight years old according to what was customary. However, it was found that she had no talent in it, so she had to refocus on other areas of study that the empress had recommended.

'I wonder what happened. If I really have that strong of a mana scent right now, then back then, how...'

While contemplating amidst her confusion, the emperor's ferocious voice boomed through the garden again.

"One's mana scent can change as much as it could when growing up."

"That is— however..."

The tower lord agreed, but had a slight look of frustration.

"I'm worried that Siervian will act rashly."

But after the emperor's harsh tone, it was the empress who spoke this time as she bowed her head.

Grasping the atmosphere, Siervian also nodded. It was also uncomfortable that the empress was smiling at Siervian as if she was behaving well.

'Oh... It could have changed.'

Siervian didn't know that one's mana scent could change since she didn't get further with her magic studies before.

'Maybe that was the case for me, too. It was there when I was young, but it will disappear soon.'

Eventually, the hope she held ended in vain.

Nevertheless, she was still uncomfortable about something.

Unconsciously and with a gloomy heart, she looked over to her father, who still had a firm expression on his face. She did it unknowingly, but she looked at his status window to confirm that he wasn't angry.

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: There's no reason to put unnecessary pressure on Siervy. And there's also Aviche's will, so should Siervy play to her heart's content while she's a child?

Seeing her mother's name in his status window, her mouth gaped open slightly without realizing it.

Her mother left behind a will like that.

She was afraid that Siervian would have too much of a hard time studying while she was a child.

"But wouldn't it be a waste, sire?"

"Siervy's education will be enough once she's eight."

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

Siervian desperately tried not to shed the tears that had risen. She was happy that she heard about her mother. She didn't want to cry about it.