Chapter 24

The fall of the Garambell Kingdom had a unique aspect to it. It was the first case of a kingdom falling into ruin due to a disaster.

Because the kingdom collapsed due to an endemic disease instead of war, people at that time studied it a lot.

In order not to repeat the same mistake.

Siervian learned about the dark side of history outside the palace in class.

'Garambell's collapse is, by far, the most important event to be recorded in history books.'

Count Bianche, her history teacher, repeatedly told her about it as if emphasizing it further.

'Then it's happening right now.'

But why was a Marquis of the empire in charge of the supply of Pharim herbs?

It was strange. Even though the empire dominated over the kingdoms of the continent, there was no reason for it to manage the flow of herbs of other countries.

"And the storage conditions of Pharim?"

"First of all, we have plenty of spare herbs. However, only this quarter's supplies had been lost."

It wasn't even a request that came in an emergency from the kingdom. Rather, it seemed like the empire was supplying them with the herbs regularly. Was it a trade of sorts?

Siervian's questions were soon resolved.

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: Because Garambell mountains have a special fertilizer for Harmin tea, it's important for the cultivation of the tea leaves. There may be problems with the supply and demand of Harmin tea next year.

[ Hex ]
Thoughts: How big of a difference do Garambell's mountains have on the production of the special fertilizers?

The Emperor was lost in thought, while Chancellor Hex stood next to him and thought of one thing after another as he chose his words carefully.

Siervian decided to take a close look at them, and soon, she found out many things.

It wasn't just a simple trade.

'It's related to Harmin tea.'

In the empire, the Garambell Kingdom was helping to secure Pharim herbs stably. It was a medicinal herb used for the endemic disease of the west coast, but it was an herb that was more prevalently produced in eastern forests.

It wasn't easy for a small kingdom like Garambell to receive Pharim stably.

'Hmm... I got it. So instead of directly getting Pharim, is Garambell producing fertilizers to grow Harmin tea in exchange?'

Fertilizer for cultivating Harmin was the price that the empire had in exchange for Pharim.

While the two men were agonizing over their thoughts, Siervian also recalled the things she knew in the past. What she heard from her history teacher surfaced in her mind.

'If it's Harmin tea, of course it's important to our empire. So what should we do?'

Although it wasn't a good memory for her, Harmin tea was one of the most important items in the empire.

People who lived in the north were sensitive to mana because they all lived surrounded by huge mana circles.

If their mana isn't enough, they would suffer from an illness. And the way to prevent this is through Harmin tea, which all people of the empire drank steadily from the age of six.

'How strange. It's difficult.'

But after reading the complicated thoughts of the adults for a while, her head also started hurting, and her body was trying to pull her away against her adult will. Ah, don't mind this complicated problem. Just run and go see your favorite flowers.