Chapter 22

The atmosphere became strange.

The two continued their conversation without paying attention to the meal in front of them.

"Yes. I also made an animal sculpture to Siervian as a gift and she loved it very much."

"Sculpture?"

"When a fork is made exclusively for the snow cake, it's no fun for her because the fork will be gone after the cake is eaten."

"Hm."

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: I can't believe I didn't think of that. How could I make such a mistake.

In fact, Siervian knew that the fork was just for eating that cake, and that it was a luxury to be able to eat the cake with a fork made with magic.

But she didn't have much experience with eating desserts, so he might be right.

"She cherishes it so much that she asked me to put a conservation spell on it. And they said that she's decorated her room with it."

"Ha. It's not time for you to learn conservation magic yet. It's going to melt soon."

"It'll be alright because I studied it in advance."

Siervian grew nervous because the topic suddenly went to the Crown Prince's magic skills. An Imperial Family member's magical ability was the same thing as their pride.

"Is that true, Siervy?"

Suddenly, their eyes were on her at once. Siervian, who was holding back as she looked at the steaming soup, gulped dryly.

"Yees. It's pweety."

The animal sculptures were neatly placed on the vanity table in her room. Everyday when Ellie combed her hair, she would look at them.

Of course, they didn't melt or break.

When the Crown Prince would grow older, he would even be a match for the Emperor, who was the strongest mage in the Empire. If Karmen, the next lord of the magic tower, was also considered, there would be three archmages in the Northern Empire alone.

"Did you bring them to your room, Siervian?"

As he heard this compliment, the Crown Prince's lips were curled up in a smile that almost dripped honey. On the contrary, the Emperor's expression became darker as he looked at his son in disapproval.

"Yees. I like the bunny and the horsey a lot."

Siervian felt much better as she recalled the cute ice sculptures that she saw everyday when her hair was being combed.

It was very cute to see the bunny being right next to the horse.

"Hm."

And when he heard her honest remarks, this was all that the Emperor said.

Then, their silent meal began.

All three people around the table weren't talkative in the first place while eating, so Siervian soon picked up her spoon, forgetting the strange atmosphere from earlier.

'I'm hungry already, so it's a relief.'

In the meantime, the soup wasn't as hot as it was earlier, so she ate a lot today. However, the status windows of the two people at her sides sometimes made her wary. They were very odd.

[ Damian Erveldote ]
Thoughts: You'll just have breakfast without me. I need to find a way to come here every day.

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: Animal sculptures... Hmm, animals...