Chapter 42

At Siervian's urgent outburst, Marco stopped in his tracks.

Going down on one knee politely, he looked at the princess and asked in reflex.

"Your Highness. Do you mean, something like money..."

"Yeah. Money!"

Marco had asked reflexively due to habit, but in fact, he wasn't expecting much.

[ Marco William ]
Thoughts: You're still young, so you probably don't even understand the concept of money...

This was true, and at this, Siervian grimaced.

But to other people, she looked like she was cutely sulking.

"Ahem, um. I implore you, Your Highness, but there must be a better teacher out there for the Princess."

[ Marco William ]
Favorability: +30
Thoughts: If it's 5 million, then I might give some time to think about it, but... Eyy, no way. Let's not bring it up.

Fortunately for Siervian, a hint came up in his status window.

There it was. She could raise the right number for Marco!

"No! Sebi can really give money!"

"...Is that so?"

Seeing Marco's face crumpled again, Siervian grew impatient.

She quickly brought up her cute fingers and spread them wide.

It would be better if she gave him double, right?

"Thwis... Thwis much."

Marco's eyes widened as he looked at Siervian, who was holding up all ten of her fingers.

Watching his reaction, she shouted firmly.

"Ten miwwion!"

Marco stayed silent for a moment, even at Siervian's desperate cry. This made her hesitate for a moment, wondering if it was enough.

Then.

[ Marco William ]
Favorability: 10,500 (new!)

The status window shone brilliantly. Siervian tilted her head to the side because this was something she had never seen before.

His favorability had just been 5,030 before, meaning it was only a marginal favorability for her, but then it nearly doubled in that one instant.

"I dedicate my true loyalty to you, Your Highness."

At that moment, accompanied by a shimmering light around him, Marco knelt down more politely than he did before.

"Umm..."

Though she was a child, Siervian was part of the imperial family, so it was natural for her to be at the top of this hierarchical society.

Even so, Marco thought time and time again. The best liege was a liege who would take care of him with a lot of money.

"Then, what is Your Highness' first command?"

Marco, who was previously determined to run away earlier, was now showing great enthusiasm.

That's why Siervian could only nod back with a puzzled face.

In any case, much easier than she thought it would be, she found someone who'd teach her about money.

The social season was now in full swing.

Siervian hated this season of the year, but there was still one thing she was looking forward to.