𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 Six

*

*

*

*

*

*

Today is the day.

My wedding. I've dreamt of this moment since I was a little girl. Although the circumstances are different.

"Are you nervous?" Angel asked me. To be honest, I am.

"No," I said to them.

"Liar," Ella and Kristen said as she fixes my veil. "I'm not lying. I'm totally fine," I tell them.

"You should be nervous. After today you will be Mrs.Arensio Ricci. Donna of the Ricci Mafia Family. That's a lot of responsibility." Angel added.

"How's my soon-to-be daughter?" Vera sings walking into my room. "She's nervous as hell," Angel said.

"I'm not nervous," I rebutted.

"She's nervous," Lauren adds.

Ugh. I'm not gonna argue anymore. Everyone stood behind me and look through the mirror at me,

"You look absolutely beautiful," Vera says. I smile at her.

"Thank you. I have always imagined that my mom will be here with me on this day."

"Sweetheart of course she's here with you. I know your mom is looking down on you with the biggest smile on her face," Vera says to me. I touch the necklace that my mom gave me on my 13th birthday.

"Thank you, Vera,"

"Ohh I will let you ladies finish getting ready and I'll go check on the guests," she says leaving the room.

"I still can believe you're getting married. To a mafia man. In Italy." Kristen says.

"Well, the choices I made," I said looking at my reflection.

"I have a serious question to ask," Angel says. "These last few weeks I noticed you're acting different around Arensio. At first, you hated to be in the same room as him and now your eyes light up when he comes in the room."

"They don't!"

"They do," Ella and Lauren said in unison. I roll my eyes at them and look back at Angel