Sixteen

*

*

*

*

*

*

Arensio POV

I slowly sat up from the bed trying not to wake Valencia. Grabbing the closest shirt I threw that one on and headed downstairs.

Giovanni and Lauren were sitting at the dining table talking amongst themselves.

"What's on?" I asked walking to the refrigerator and taking out a glass of orange juice

"The Council called in a meeting," Lauren said.

"For the love of god, what do they want," I groan taking the orange juice away from my mouth.

The Council is a group of my uncles and great-uncles. Pretty much any male in my family over the age of 50.

They are like the Supreme Court of my family

"Come on you know the council just as well as I do. They will find any little thing wrong and call a meeting about it." Lauren says.

I pulled out a seat.

"I think i may have an idea what this meeting is about,"'I say.

Giovanni nods. "This meeting is gonna be a bitch,"

*

*

*

*

Valencia POV

Sleep is a precious thing. So when it's interrupted you get groggy and irritated.

That's how I'm feeling right now. My eyes peel open and the first thing I see is Arensio's bare back.

The faint red scratches on him bring flashes and sensations of last night back to mind.

I don't know where this relationship is going. At first, I only agreed to marry him for my protection.

Now... I'm... confused.

"Where are going so dressed up?" I asked. The grogginess in my voice sounds horrible. Almost like a man.

"I'm going to Italy. I've been called in for a meeting."'he says putting on a shirt.