I started laughing with an open-mouthed smile and tackled him, knocking him backward on the couch and tickling him. He grappled with me for a minute, trying to find purchase on my hands as he laughed, finally restraining me with another glare.

"You're lucky you didn't come home even half an hour earlier. Brant and I had been waiting for you together until he got called away to the chicken coop; coyotes again. I won't tell, baby girl, but you may want to consider being open with Brant about it."

"Ty, I can't, not without revealing that I've been spending time with our boss' nemesis! I mean, I don't want to hurt him either. I don't know what to do."

"Well, be as honest as you can. Brant needs to know he's not the only bull in the pasture, Darlin, or you're gonna hurt him more, in the end, no matter which way you go," he said softly.

Dammit, he was right. Even if I didn't tell him who, I needed to tell Brant at some point. I nodded and laid back down on Tyler's chest.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Ty. It's just kind of a big deal like I said. It's not exactly easy to tell anyone that I'm sneaking off to spend time with Aiden."

He laughed and asked, "So I take it he's not as scary after you know him?" My eyebrows went up in surprise, and it was my turn to start laughing hysterically.

"How about you come for a ride with me over there sometime, and I introduce you? Gotta see if my Ty approves," I winked at him. He started laughing, rubbing my back. I just waited him out, and he looked at me,

"You're serious? You want me to go meet 'The Patterson?'" I laughed again, smiling at him.

"Well, you basically are my only friend, Ty, but only if you want to. I guess I'm that friend that gets you arrested when you've never had a speeding ticket. I'll leave it up to you if you want to cross enemy lines," I whispered in an ominous tone. He started laughing again.

"You name the day, baby girl, and you got yourself a partner in crime," he winked at me, making me laugh again. "You may have to put in a good word with him after Zeke fires me, though, ok?" He had me laughing again, and I hugged him.

"Baby girl, what do you mean, I'm you're only friend?" I shrugged my shoulders from where I was relaxing on him.

"No pressure, I swear," I teased him.

"Darlin, you're serious? I thought you were from here?"

"Well, my mom moved us across the country after my dad died, and I never really connected with things there and lost contact with people back here. So, new start. You and Brant, and now Aiden, are my closest friends. And the rest of the Bridlewood guys after that."

"Hugh," he huffed, surprised, wrapping his arms around me.

"No girlfriends?"

I chuckled a little, feeling sleepy, "Not right now, and I've always preferred male friendships, Ty. Girls are so dramatic, and they backstab."

I yawned. Ugg, tomorrow was Monday, which meant office hours. I groaned at the thought.

"What's the matter, baby girl?"

"I have office hours tomorrow, and I don't want to be near Zeke right now. Not after what happened yesterday, and I'm sure I pissed him off leaving overnight."

I felt Tyler look down at me and say, "Overnight?" I could hear the raised eyebrow and growing smirk. I bit my lip and blushed, refusing to look at him or say anything. He started laughing, squeezing me to him, and whispered, "You didn't only stick your finger in the hornet's nest, you hit it with a stick at the same time, baby girl! Guess I better go meet him since it sounds like I'm going to have to cover for you on occasion." He was still snickering, so I gave him a little pinch on his side. "Yeow!" He said, still chuckling a little. "Darlin, what did happen between you and Zeke?"