Chapter 27

"Taylor, you sure you don't want to head home?" Aiden laughed, looking at the sinking sun. I smiled at him and shook my head.

"Unless you want me to go?" He glared at me, leading Samson into his corral, waving at me to use the same corral as before for Pearl. I led her in and took off her saddle and bridle, carrying them into the tack room after Aiden, who was carrying Samson's tack.

He set it down and came to me as I settled mine on another holder. He trapped me in-between the holders on the wall, pressing me into the wall there.

"You sure you don't need to go back, Taylor? Aren't they going to miss you?"

"It's Sunday. I've always been gone till late," I said, reaching out to encircle his waist as he pressed me back into the wall. We had been out riding all day, him showing me one of the trails leading into the surrounding woods.

"Late, but not overnight, Taylor," he said, leaning over me. I angled my head to keep my eyes on his as he slowly encased me.

My pulse was racing, my breathing coming in rasps, as I looked at him. I caressed him through his shirt, pulling up the back a little to touch his skin, his eyes darkening in response. His hands were on my waist, his body pressing mine against the wall as he towered over me, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

I couldn't stop the blush and the pleased smirk that came to my face; I felt safe to tease him a little, being in the tack room. I flirted with him with my eyes while I bit my lip slowly, sensually, running my hands along his waistband.

His eyes darkened even more, and he growled a warning, "Taylor." My smirk spread, and a tiny bubble of laughter escaped me. I took a finger and ran it around his waistband, dipping down to follow the V of his hips, drawing out a strangled moan from him.

"I guess I could just go saddle Pearl back up and ride out now, if you want me to go," I nonchalantly said while shrugging my shoulders. A predatory look came to his face, his breathing increasing as he pressed me harder against the wall.

"You're teasing me again, Taylor. I thought you'd learned your lesson?" A smug smirk captured my lips, my eyes poking fun at him.

I wiggled my fingers inside his waistband; I was safe until we returned to the ranch house, but I would have what fun I could at his expense after what he had pulled that morning. His head turned slightly as he looked at me with that predatory look, bending over me, a hand on the wall next to my face. Suddenly a naughty smirk captured his features as his eyes roved over mine.

A tiny predatory laugh passed his lips as he bent his face to mine, getting really close to whisper, "If you think you're safe just because we're in here, you've another lesson to learn, Taylor."

My smug smirk faded as my eyes grew wide and started to dart around us. He couldn't be serious. I saw his predatory look return, an eyebrow shooting up. His lips brushed against mine as his hands slid down my body to my thighs. A swift jerk and he pulled my legs up and around his waist before pressing me against the wall again.

"Aiden, your ranch hands-"

"Are all at dinner, and that door is locked," he cut me off, nodding toward the tack room door.

I sucked in a breath just before his lips returned to mine, making me sigh. His large warm hands wandered from my knees up my thighs, squeezing them slightly as he went, setting me slowly on fire. He kissed me possessively before his lips wandered to the side of my mouth, continuing down to my neck, making me moan and gasp at the same time, his lips kissing me up and down, sending shivers of pleasure through my whole system.

My hands slid up his back again, feeling his muscles there as they flexed with his movements on me, his hands coming to the junction of my thighs. Gasp. He already had me throbbing, on fire for him. But we were in the tack room. What the hell.