chapter thirteen

*ೃ

*ೃ༄

*ೃ

Camden followed Embry out into the woods. It was quiet between, the only thing you could hear was the leaves and sticks crunching underneath their feet.

Embry sighed as he racked up the words he wanted to say to Camden, it was nerve wrecking that this boy was his imprint. He had so many questions about this, especially since it was never heard amongst his tribe that shapeshifters could imprint on males.

"Embry, are you okay?" Camden's soft voice was heard after minutes of being silent. He didn't want to rush the boy in front of him but he needed answers on why he didn't reach out to him for weeks.

Embry exhaled and turned around to look at the shorter boy, his heart fluttered at how beautiful he was. "Yeah, I-I'm fine. God you're so beautiful." He accidently let out, Camden's face heated up from the comment while Embry's heated up with embarrassment once he realized he said that out loud. "Shit, I said that out loud! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it- not that you're not beautiful because you are but I meant that - you know -uh-"

Camden giggled lightly and waved him off, "It's okay, Embry. You're beautiful as well." He complimented and sat on the large log that was behind him, his smile faltered when he remembered why there out there. "But, let's not skip over the reason that we're out here." Embry sighed and nodded his head. "You ghosted me for weeks without any explanation. And you cut your hair and got a tattoo." He pointed out.

"Yes, and I am so sorry for that. I know that it doesn't give make up for it, but I wasn't feeling well -like, mono bad." Camden's eyes widened in concern, Embry let out a small laugh. "I'm fine now, obviously. But I didn't have energy for days which isn't an excuse or anything. And I could have texted back once I felt better, but I felt like texting you like nothing happened would've been a worse idea. Especially since Storm chewed my ass out through multiple texts, it made me feel guilty as she included you in most of them..." He said and watch Camden glance at the ground. "Which made me think that if I texted you it would've caused more confusion and -again- it doesn't excuse for not texting back." He walked over and knelt down in front of Camden.

"But, it was killing me for not texting during those weeks. It pained me, knowing that you had no idea what was happening, especially since these unknown feelings crept behind me without any warning." Camden's eyes met his in shock, Embry gave him a small smile and reached for both of the boy's hands. "Camden, these feelings are very new to me. I've never thought about a boy this way but ever since I met you, it's like you cannot escape my mind. I'm literally thinking about you everyday," He laughed to himself when he remembered yesterday he was patrolling with the pack and they kept complaining about him not focusing and thinking about Camden for hours. "And I want something to happen between us, but...if you don't think so after those weeks then I understand. I will still be lucky enough if you would still at least continue our friendship."