chapter sixteen

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

Alexander pulled up in front of the girls' house, Storm's leg was bouncing up and down from anxiety. She really didn't like the plan that was discussed on the way home, but she didn't want Charlie in danger.

"Hey," Edward gently placed his hand on her knee to calm her, Storm slowly turned to make eye contact with the golden eyes she began to love. "It's going to okay."

Storm sighed, "I know, I just...I just don't like hurting him."

Bella turned around in the passenger's seat and gave Storm an assuring smile even though she felt the same way. "We're doing the right thing, Storms." Storm looked at her sister who had her hand out for her to take, when she did Bella gave her a small squeeze. "We'll come back once everything is safe."

Storm nodded her head and exhaled, "Okay." She looked towards Edward, "I'm ready."

With that the four all hopped out the car, Edward made his way to Storm's side and laced their hands together, "Just remember the plan." Alexander gently told the girls, they nodded and took a breath in.

It's time for the act.

"Alex, I said leave me alone!" Bella shouted towards the boy as soon as she walked through the front door, grabbing Storm's arm and placing her behind her. Storm held a sad expression -even though it was real- as she stared at Edward who was giving a comforting look.

"Bella..." Storm trailed off.

"Bella, please, don't do this." Alex said with hurt in his voice to sell the act.

"It's over, get out!" Bella slammed the door in front of the boys faces causing Storm to jump from the loudness, she had to admit that Bella was good at acting.

"Bella? Hey, hey, hey." Charlie gave Storm a concerned look as she had tears in her eyes. She followed after Bella up the stairs and towards her room while Bella went to hers. "Storm? What's going on?"

"I just got to get out of here," Bella's voice was heard behind Storm's closed door.

"Here," Storm whispered to Edward, rushing at grabbing whatever was needed for who knows how long. "I still don't like this." She sniffled, Edward immediately dropped the bag on the bed and rushed to the girl.

"Hey, look at me." Edward held the girl's face between his hands, "Charlie will forgive you both, but we need to get you out of here to protect not only you but him as well." Storm met Edward's eyes with her still teary eyes, Edward wiped her tears. It hurt his non beating heart to see his mate crying, he wanted nothing more to kill James even more now. "It'll be okay."

Storm nodded her head and pulled away from him, "I'm fine, go back to the truck." Edward nodded his head and headed out the window, Storm sighed before grabbing the bag and walking out the room.