chapter fourteen

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

Storm was sitting in the passenger's seat of Bella's truck, they agreed to have lunch with their father after days of not seeing him. Though it wasn't his fault, he's been busy trying to find out who was doing all the murders. Storm wondered if he genuinely didn't know, or he's trying to throw off his colleagues about the supernatural.

Bella and Storm hopped out the car when she pulled into parking spot. "Oh my God." Storm mumbled when she saw Mike and his goons rough housing in front of the diner.

Mike spotted them and smiled, "Hey, Bella! Storm!" Storm placed her phone in her front pocket and fixed her hair while walking. "So um, you and Alexander. I-I don't like it."

Storm stopped in her tracks, and turned to glare at the boy. "Does it look like we asked for your opinion?"

"Storms, chill." Bella muttered, placing her hand on her arm.

Mike cleared his throat and shoved his hands in his varsity jacket pockets. "Well, I mean, he just looks at her like, something to eat."

Storm's glare deepened, scaring the blonde boy. Bella gave him a quick smile and dragged her sister away before she punches the boy in the face.

They entered the diner and immediately spotted their father by the window table, meaning he saw his younger daughter glaring at the blonde kid outside.

"Sorry we're late." Bella started off, "I had a Biology project." The two sat down.

"And Embry needed help with his math homework," Storm added. Embry did pop up at her house asking for help with his homework, he also interrupted her quality time with Edward. She was making him watch Beauty and the Beast.

Charlie nodded his head in understanding, "I uh ordered you a salad, Bella and shrimp and grits for Storms." Right on time, Cora placed their food in front of them.

Storm raised a brow at their father when she saw his plate, "You gave Bella steak, but you need to cut down on the stake dad." Bella hummed in agreement and reached over to grab a shrimp for Storm's bowl.

Charlie narrowed his eyes at his daughters, "I'm healthy as a horse." Storm nodded her head and mouthed 'Of course.'

Storm took a bite of her grits but looked up to see Cora looking at Charlie. "Say Chief," Charlie looked up from his plate. "Boys want to know," Storm glanced behind Cora and towards the table were the men sat. "You find anything down by Queets River today?"

Bella and Storm eyed each other for a second before directing their attention back to their food.

Charlie cleared his throat lowly, "Yeah, we um found a bare human foot print. And it looks like whoever that is, is headed east so, Kitsap County Sheriff is taking over from here, okay?" He frames his answer carefully to keep everyone calm.