chapter eight

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

"I brought the goods!" Storm shook the bag that was in her hand that consisted of candy and drinks while she held a box of pizza in her other hand.

Quil shook his head at the girl and stepped to the side, "You do know that it's dangerous for us to still be talking, right?"

Storm scoffed and entered the house, she walked down the hall and towards Quil's bedroom with him following. "I don't know what's so dangerous about me talking to one of my best friends. But I do know that this amazing meat lover's pizza and snacks are calling our names." She said as she jumped on his bed, Quil shook his head at the girl who was making herself comfortable. Storm slid her shoes off and scooted up to her back hit the wall where the bed connected, she then rose a brow at Quil. "Aren't you going to join?"

Quil exhaled and sat down criss crossed as Storm opened the box to grab a slice of pizza. "So, how've you been?" Quil asked after taking a bite of the pizza.

"Aht, I should be asking you that Mr. Shapeshifter." Storm teased the tan boy who grabbed his second slice. "How's patrolling? What's it like?"

"I can't really be discussing this with you," Quil started and chuckled when Storm motioned him to continue. "But it's going okay. Sam's a little strict with patrolling, he says that it's because of vampires nearing our town." Quil gave her a look, Storm raised her brows from the information.

"Well why does he think that?"

Quil sighed, "Well seeing as we," He pointed to himself, "Started shifting even after the Cullens left town- sorry."

Storm waved him off, "It's fine, I'm not going to crumble every time I hear their name."

"Alright, but like I was saying, Sam thinks that there's either more vampires or other supernatural beings approaching soon." Quil finished and grabbed his third slice of being after taking a sip of his bottled soda.

Storm chewed her piece of pizza before speaking. "Do you think that Jake and Embry might shift soon? Because of the danger that might come?"

Quil sighed with a shrug, "I honestly don't know. I don't want them to because of the burden they might face of being a shapeshifter, but I also miss them and wanna tell them things." Quil glanced at his comforter with a sad expression.

Storm frowned, reaching over to rub his thigh. "You know...they miss you." Quil lifted his head at the girl's words. She gave him a small smile, "They might not say it, but I know when they're lying and the words they say may seem harsh but the tone behind it reveals the truth. And I can see the betrayal and disappointment behind their eyes. So I hope that they do shift, so that you can guys can be friends again."

Quil gave her a small smile and squeezed her hand that was on his thigh. "Thanks, Storms. You always have the right words to say."

Storm giggled, "I know." Quil rolled his eyes but had to chuckle, Storm let out a mini sigh and leaned back against the wall. "I just want to see you guys together again so I can stop choosing sides. It's hard not telling them the truth..."