"Well, tell someone next time, would you? You scared everyone. Marney wouldn't stop fussing about it, and Zeke was practically pacing on the porch of the ranch house when it got dark. Tyler was really worried, and so was I, Taylor. Did you even take your gun?" Oops.

"No, but I will in the future, I promise," I said. Brant heaved another sigh, a mix of relief and irritation, hugging me tighter.

"Is that our baby girl?" I looked up to see another shadow coming toward us.

I pulled out of Brant's arms to meet Tyler, but when I saw him, my eyes went wide. He was in his boxers and a tight cotton tank top, rubbing his eyes. I laughed at him; he had obviously crawled out of his bunk to come and check on me.

He smiled at me and pulled me to him for a hug. I hugged him back, still laughing a little. He gave me an affectionate kiss on the top of my head.

"No more scaring us, mmmmmKay, baby girl?" I smiled and jumped a little in his arms to plant a kiss on his cheek.

"You'll be my safety buddy, huh, Ty?" He laughed, reaching up to open-palm an eye, rubbing me with the other.

"Alright, I'm going to hit the sack again now that we know you're safe."

"Ok, Ty," I smiled at him, giving him another peck on the cheek.

"Boy am I going to have sweeeeet dreams tonight," he jeered on his way out of the barn.

I turned back to Brant, and he was smiling and shaking his head. He took a hand and rubbed it over his face, knocking his hat up a little as he continued to laugh at Tyler.

I walked up to him, smiling, "Night, Brant. We driving the herd back out in the morning?"

"Yeah, so it'll be an early morning."

"Off to the sweat lodge with you then," I winked. Brant laughed again and pulled me close. I hugged him, my heart speeding up from guilt and his closeness.

"Alright, good night, Taylor," he whispered. I released him and planted a small kiss on his cheek, stepping back to smile at him. He reached up, caressed my face with a smirk, and walked out of the stables.

I went up my staircase and let myself into my apartment, walking over to crash on the bed. I could hardly fall asleep with the thoughts, images, and memories of Aiden that filled my mind; his touch, his kiss, his words. Eventually, I passed out of consciousness.

It was early morning, and I was saddling up Pearl when I heard Zeke calling my name.

"I'm here," I shouted back, still working. Zeke appeared above the stall door as I started to bridle Pearl.

"Are you alright?" I looked up at him, surprised.

"Of course," I said, a scowl of confusion coming to my face.

"Where were you?"

"I took my new mare out for a ride," I said. That was my story, and I was sticking to it.

"Riding? At 11 o'clock at night?" His eyes shifted to my horse and back to me, saying, "Who gave you the horse, anyways?" My lips parted in mild surprise. How to get out of this one? Aiden hadn't actually confirmed it; maybe he had given me that scapegoat on purpose?

"The delivery guy didn't say, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth," I smiled at him sweetly. His eyes shifted to the horse and back to me. I could see his mind ticking away, so I added.

"Honestly, I thought it was from you at first, being your way of 'making it up to me,' as you had said." He suddenly looked quite pleased in a mischievous way, a smirk coming to his features like he was pleased that I had thought it was from him.