41) Hills burn in Californa

Bit of a *sorta* longer chapter that usual for you dudes now kiss kiss 😚

*ISLA AND MAXIM ARE NOT RELATED*

Maxim carried Isla up the stairs as she cried in his arms, her face buried in his shoulder as soft sobs escaped her lips

Maxim carried Isla up the stairs as she cried in his arms, her face buried in his shoulder as soft sobs escaped her lips. Part of him broke seeing her like this, she didn't deserve to have daily torment caused by her own mind.

Opening the guest bedroom door, He walked through and shut it behind him. Maxim set himself down on the bed with her still protected in his embrace, just letting her let all of those bottled up emotions break through. One hand rubbed her back, the other wrapped around and holding her waist.

"Wh-What if h-he's here because of me..?" She stuttered, sniffling and wiping her nose. Maxim shook his head, reaching over on the nightstand and grabbing a tissue and handing it over to her.

"No, baby. He's not here because of you. That man from earlier, your 'uncle's son, is my second cousin. Our families have been fighting since what feels like the dawn of time. Konstantin wants to be Don, take over and kill my family just so he can run this. He won't get to that point ever."

He wiped Isla's tears, feeling as she leaned her head into his hand with a sad frown on her face. So much seemed to be happening all at once, stress and frustration filling her body.

In her mind, she was just becoming a burden to him, all these things he was now at the hands of because of her. He was probably holding so much of his frustration and stress to himself just so he wouldn't have to deal with her worrying and just bothering him even more.

Maybe she could make it better..?

Looking to the side and thinking for a moment, Isla leaned in with tears still on her face as she kissed him tenderly. Maxim was a bit taken aback, but didn't reject her affections and kissed her as well.

With a racing mind, her hands gripped the bottom of his shirt, her breath heavy and shaky. Maxims brows furrowed, knowing she wasn't in the right state of mind to be doing this. She was vulnerable with emotions, doing something she thinks would make everything better but in the end possibly making it worse.

As her lips moved down to his neck, and she reached up beginning to unbutton his shirt, he knew he had to stop her.

"Dove.." Maxim spoke, her kisses not stopping as he hips began to move back and forth. "Dove." He called out a little louder, a bit more serious than the last. Isla replied with a whine, her actions not stopping.

"Isla." He tone was now stern, hands stopping her hips and one grabbing the side of her face. His eyes stared into hers, her blue eyes softened with dismay. She sniffled softly, her hands shaking as they kept a grip on his shirt.

His heart broke, caressing the side of her face as he spoke in a soft tone. "Baby, not now." Maxim earned a small sob as a response, pulling her close to him.