18) 'Cause even god herself

"Come on! Come on! Try to tackle me down

"Come on! Come on! Try to tackle me down." Nikolai said, standing in front of the couch and facing Isla.

Isla backed up, trying to get a running start so she could get him down. Taking a few deep breathes, she lowered her body a little so it would be easier.

"Speed, I am speed." She muttered to herself, Nikolai just raising his brown as she mumbled to herself. Looking up, she ran, expecting to easily take him down.

She held her arms open, as soon as she got close she wrapped them around his hips and pushed, yet he didn't move a muscle. Nikolai just laughed, watching as she dug her feet onto the ground to try and drive him back into the couch behind him.

"Is that all you got?" He teased. In a last resort, Isla kneed him in the groin. "Fuck!" He yelled, doubling over in pain. She used the opportunity to push him down, smiling as he landed in the couch.

"I did it!" She cheered happily, clapping her hands a little with a grin on her face.

Nikolai groaned, grasping his groin area in agony. "How the fuck and I gonna have kids..?!"

A couple seconds later, the front door open with Maxim and Mila walking in. "Max look! I tackled him down- why do you have blood on you?" Her happy face quickly faded, a worried one appearing.

Heading right up to his room, he didn't answer her, and angry look on his face. "He's fine, just wants to change his clothes." Mila answered for him, but she was clearly leaving parts out.

"Mila, she kn-kneed me in the dick!" Nikolai groaned out, rolling over a little. Mila walked over with a smirk on her face. "Good job, Is." She complimented, Islas smile returning.

"You're not going to help me?!"

"No, why would I?" Mila taunted, giving Nikolai one final smirk before heading to the kitchen.

"Isla!" She called out, Isla quickly scurrying over. "Uh huh?" She answered, Mila standing by the counter. "Can I have one of these lollipops?"

"Of course! But none of the Cherry ones, those are mine." Isla was serious about it, separating the cherry ones from the other flavors.

Mila took an orange one, unwrapping it from the plastic and putting it in her mouth. She hummed in a response, liking the flavor. She walked back into the lounge where Nikolai was recovering, Isla following behind.

Maxim walked down the stairs, a fresh pair of clothes on with his hair tied back. He walked straight to Isla, who stood waiting for him.

"Are you ok? We can talk about whatever happened if you wa-" Maxim cut Isla off by kissing her lips, leaving her eyes widened and cheeks red in surprise.

Nikolai peaked over the couch, whistling at the two. Maxim had his hands cupped on her face, gently holding her there as her eyes slowly closed. Mila had her arms folded, shrugging at the sight. "Straight to the point, I see."

After he pulled away, Isla was cherry red just like the lollipops she made. Feeling shy and flustered, especially since he did that in front of the other two, she grasped his shirt and tucked her face into him.

"Day one, I had no doubts I'd see this gorgeous love flourish." Nikolai teased, batting his eyelashes. Maxim rolled his eyes, gently grabbing Islas face and pulling it away from his shirt.

She was beat red, looking up at him with a flustered look on her face. He smirked, caressing her cheek. "Why so red?" He teased, Islas brows furrowing as she tried to silently scold him.

"Maxim." Mila called out, both him and Isla turning to look at her. "We need to go upstairs and talk about the information if it's true or not." She spoke to him in Russian. As much as she liked Isla, she didn't want her involved in the danger of their life.

With a sigh, Maxim nodded before kissing Islas forehead. "Hey!" She called out, scolding him again for showing this affection around the other two.

With soft eyes, Maxim smiled before he gestured Nikolai to follow the two upstairs. "Can I come with?" Islas soft voice asked, Maxim stopping before turning around. "No, not today little dove."

Sighing, Isla nodded. She watched the three walk off, deciding to go explore more of the house herself.

The house was huge, she had no doubt there were hidden rooms there. When turning different hallways on the first floor, she found a large office meeting room, a theater room with a huge TV and comfy chairs, and even a game room.

The game room was what infatuated her the most, Isla running in with a smile on her face. A pool table near a wall, lights hanging in front of it. A mini bar in the corner of the room. Arcade machines against another wall. A basket ball shoot game, ping pong, a couple pin ball games too. A large couch for what seemed like a dozen people in front of a TV. The room amazed her. There was even candy dispensers on the wall.

Isla played around with the pool table, her toy he sticking out a little in the corner of her mouth as she tried to concentrate on hitting the ball. With the billard stick in her hand, she aimed to his the white ball and missed.

"Dammit! Come on." After many attempts, she finally hit the ball. "Yus!" She held her hands up in a victory, even though it didn't knock any other balls into the holes.

She spent the next half hour playing with it, looking around each time she accidentally got the black ball in the hole and took it back out before continuing on. She couldn't help but just giggle to herself as she pretty much cheated, but she was just playing by herself after all.

Deciding it was time to move on, Isla left the room. She went down a different hallway this time, one that had windows for the wall on one side.

Like anyone would, she looked inside. Although for others it was completely nothing to freak out over, Islas heart dropped.

Now she couldn't breathe.

.