38) themeselves now

Isla stared in shock at the scene in front of her, the once beautiful buildings that surrounded the market square with shops inside, home, and people, now either in flames and or destroyed with debris everywhere

Isla stared in shock at the scene in front of her, the once beautiful buildings that surrounded the market square with shops inside, home, and people, now either in flames and or destroyed with debris everywhere. She could barely register in her mind the large hands hastily pulling her up, setting her on her feet and pulling her the opposite direction of what was happening.

Screaming ran in her ears, hundreds of people fleeing the same direction Maxim was pulling Isla. But with his hand engulfing hers, they were pulled apart by the stampede of people coming their way. Isla didn't know what to do, panicked at everything going on. "Maxy!" She called out, panting heavily. An arm grabbed her wrist, not even being able to see Maxim drag her along through the crowds of people.

Isla was lead towards the left side of the direction of safety, a mop of blonde hair replacing Maxims short brown hair. She stopped running, the man who she thought was her love staring her right in the eyes, a gun aimed right at her heart.

Those eyes.

Dark, haunting brown eyes.

So familiar, yet so unknown.

A man appearing in his late 20s stood in front of her, those haunting brown eyes glaring at her to continue to move on. "Come with me and that bastard of a don you are so desperately attached to won't get hurt." His thick Russian accent demands, shivers running down her spine in a terrifying emotion.

Fear stricken, Isla complied. Her body flinched and jump at the dozens of gunshots ringing through the air, the explosions clouding her mind. Tears came to her eyes as he turned and harshly dragged her. She felt as if she could barely breathe, that feeling from so long ago making a return.

In a sense of comfort and to keep herself calm, she grasped the diamond necklace around her neck. Unknowingly, that grasp on the diamond pressed a tiny hidden button on the clasp that held the diamond in place, an immediate alert sent out.

"See how much that bitch really cares for you." Konstantin says out loud, his arm clutching Isla and the gun pointed right at her.

"Isla!" Maxim screamed for her, frantic as he searched around for her

"Isla!" Maxim screamed for her, frantic as he searched around for her. Maxim didn't know if they had just got separated or something horrible happened. He was continuously bumped into by fleeing civilians, families trying to gather their loved ones together, others escaping in cars if they were lucky enough.