14) Hills burn in California

After the encounter with Maxims mother, he notice Isla being distant towards him

After the encounter with Maxims mother, he notice Isla being distant towards him. It had only been a few hours too and he could see the change.

She gave him vague answers and stayed father away. What was going on?

Think think think think, how do you get away from someone who lives in your home? Isla thought, pacing her bedroom

Think think think think, how do you get away from someone who lives in your home? Isla thought, pacing her bedroom. She stopped for a moment and turned to Casket, who was sitting on her bed.

"Well, what do you think I should do?" She asked, to of course, no response. "Well thanks for the help!" She said sarcastically, huffing and folding her arms.

"Oreos. Right now, I just need some Oreos. That'll solve my problem." She told herself, fixing her skirt before leaving the room. But what she saw gave her shivers.

Maxim walked out of his room, no shirt, and shorts lowered a bit showing the waistband of his boxers. He was drying his wet hair with a towel.

Isla froze, red invading her cheeks. She got that feeling again, the one in her core. Hoping he didn't see her, she rushed back to her room and quickly closed the door.

What's happening? Why was he shirtless?! What's that weird feeling?! Oh gosh, am I dying?! I must be sick, why do I feel like this?!

She was panicking a bit, really not knowing what to do.

"What if I'm pregnant!" She blurted out, before shaking her head. "No, you dingus! You're on your period right now!" She huffed, frustrated with herself.

"You've never even had one of those things in your thing you dummy!" She was quite literally having an argument with herself, scolding herself too.

"Ok ok, you only get this feeling around him. That means you get sick around him, and sick people die! You can't leave this house, so you just have to figure out a way to stay away from him. Easy? Easy." Thinking for a moment, she gasped. "Wait, if I get this feeling, does he? Oh no, we both get sick, what if he dies?! I can't go back to jail! They would send you straight to prison after, you would DIE. Oh gosh, we both would die either way!"