57) There's nothing

Hey I'm no doctor so don't quote me on anything.

Sorry to keep you all waiting guys, enjoy the chapter :)

"You're only as strong as that gun, Kon. Leave her out of this, she hasn't had anything to do with it. I'll tell you whatever, just get her out." She hears Maxim say from across, his eyes pleading. Isla looked as a part of him became vulnerable even to the enemy, willing to reveal almost any secret for her safety.

Isla looked at Kon's men standing behind him in a crescent with their rifles angled at him. They wouldn't dare take the first shot from their boss, their king. But they might as well set in the fear.

Her eyes then repeatedly looked back and forth to the gun Kon held in his right hand, arm stretched out and aimed towards Maxim ready to fire. The bullet inside was ready to quite literally shoot it's only purpose.

Isla felt tears run down her face, hands gripping the arm of her captor. "I-I'm not leaving you, Max. He needs me for money..."

It wasn't fair. Her hands shouldn't have been gripping this monsters arm in fear he would slice her throat or open fire on the love of her life. Isla's hands should've been holding Maxim's, after a heated kiss in bed that lead to a hickey or two near the neck, her hands on his shirt as they cuddled while watching a movie in the dark, her hands should've been on Maxim.

Kons eyes glance at Isla, his smirk growing. "Smart girl, finally learning something. You both have something I want. She has my money, you have my mafia. So, Max, she's going to watch you die and watch all the rest of your family be kidnapped and tortured for the rest of their lives."

But her worst fear was approaching, the thought of him not making it out alive. Screw herself if she dies, people relied on Maxim. They needed him. A sudden thought came to mind, the thought of what she could do to aim the bullet away from him.

"Look alive, Isla." Konstantin whispers into her ear, making her shiver in fear. His thumbed pulled back the hammer on the pistol. Tears ran down her cheeks, the idea seemed more and more alarming and frantic. It needed to be done, he would die guaranteed if She didn't at least try.

"Watch it, dove. Watch as I pull the trigger and shoot his brains out."

As the duplicated monster whispered into her ear, dozens of shadows stay hidden in the dark, all aimed at the enemy.

Unaware of the help coming from the shadows beyond to their rescue, Isla finally thought of an idea. Some would say it was a rash decision, and could be been planned better, but there's only so much you could do in a hostage situation like this.

So as Maxim stared into the eyes of death, Isla looked back and forth to the pistol that could kill anyone in this room. If it was going to kill someone, she made sure it wasn't going to be Maxim.