4) Can't commit to anything

"About what?" Isla asked, her head tilting to the side in confusion

"About what?" Isla asked, her head tilting to the side in confusion. "Everything, start from the beginning." Maxim responded, crossing his arms and taking a couple steps back.

"Oh, ok." Isla said simply, zipping Caskets back pocket and sitting up. "Well, my name is Isla Winter, I'm..." She stopped for a moment, starting to count with her fingers before she got her answer. "19, and I live in Minnesota."

"How did you find Maxim that night?" Mila spoke up, suspicion in her eyes as she assessed Isla. Mila was tall, having long dirty blonde hair that went down to her hips. Isla felt a little uneasy by the way Mila looked at her, worried she might just pull out a gun.

"Find him? I was walking home, had to get some tape from the store. I would've gone to the store closer to my apartment, but they never have any tape. Also, it always smells gross and the man at the counter looks at me weird. Why are people like that? Maybe he's jealous, I could probably let him borrow some of my clothes and.."

"Kid, we don't need that much." Mila spoke again, walking to a cart placed in the lounge room and pouring herself a glass of whiskey.

Maxim sat down, just looking at Isla as she talked with the other two. The way she looked was different, but he liked it. Half of her hair was black, and the other side being rainbow strands. She wore eyeliner, dangly earring, multiple chains and a few other things. Her top was a lace up shirt, a black skirt following for her bottoms. Her shoes were boots, the aglets on her shoe laces being little teddy bear faces.

He snapped back to the conversation once Isla looked him in the eyes, hearing Nikolai ask her another question. "So you just sit in your apartment all day taping pictures to your wall?"

"Not all the time, just things I take pictures on and Pinterest photos. I have nothing better to do."

"Do you ever see your parents?" Mila asked? Sipping on her whiskey. "Beats me, I'm an orphan." Isla said so casually, fixing a few of the safety pins on Casket as she spoke.

Isla glanced around the room, never being in such a fancy looking place. Looking at Maxim, she asked something random. "Can I braid your hair?"

"What?" Maxim was caught out of his trance, sitting up and raising his eyebrow. "Your hair, it's long enough to braid. Well, in at least two braids." Isla smiled, hopeful Maxim would say yes to her. "No." He said simply, earning a frown from her.

Nikolai cleared his throat, directing the Russian Don to attention. "Now what, boss?" /Russian/ He asks, speaking their native tongue so Isla wouldn't understand what they were saying.

"There's really not much else to ask, her file is clear and the cameras from the store fronts show her walking to the convince store." /Russian/ Maxim stood up after talking, the little Angel sitting on the couch confused at what they were saying.

"Can we not kill her though? I kind of like her." /Russian/Mila said with a small chuckle. He knew his sister didn't mean it in a romantic way, but for some reason her question gave him jealousy.

"What are you talking about?" Her voice said next to him, catching him off guard since she was sitting on the couch only a second ago, but now she was hear next to him. This was unusual for Maxim, he was never one to get startled. He's had guns pointed at him, knives, even a noose around his neck and not once did he flinch.

To quiet her, Maxim took the wrapped up lollipop from her hand. He unwrapped it, tossing the wrapper onto the floor.  "Hey, that's mi-" She started, before the sweet was put in her mouth. Isla was quiet, enjoying the taste of the lollipop as she held its stick.

"Can we figure this out later? I have too much shit to do. After what Igor did, I need to find out how far the information got before it gets to Orlov." /Russian/ Maxim said with his arms crossed. He didn't have time to watch or worry about Isla.

"Ok, fine. But what do we do with her?" /Russian/ Nikolai asked, his eyes on Isla who was looking around the room.

——

"And how long do I have to stay in here?" Isla asked, a bit sad she couldn't go and explore the house. "For however long we say." Nikolai said with a smile, shutting the door and leaving Isla into a different guest room. She couldn't break out the window this time, they took her window breaker.

"Can I at least have my phone?!" She yelled out, but got no answer. She decided to just look around the room, see if there was anything interesting.

The guest room was amazing, even nicer than the other one. The walls were tan, a king sized bed up against the wall. Five feet in front of it was a couch, facing a fancy looking fire place that's as already lit up. The ceiling was tall, a beautiful chandelier providing light for the room. There was a dark oak wardrobe cabinet against another wall, and doors that lead out to the balcony. The doors were locked though. The bathroom was amazing too. She couldn't believe it.

After two hours of giggling inside the wardrobe since she could fit, rolling all over the big comfy bed, jumping on the couch, and pretending to be at a luxurious spa while laying in the giant bathtub with no water, Isla was getting bored.

She got up, going to the door and knocking on it. "Can I come out now? I'm bored." She called out, getting no response, she huffed and banged on the door this time. "Hello?!"

After five minutes, she couldn't take it any longer. She found a couple items to pick the lock, bending down slightly to be eye level with the doorknob.

After 10 minutes of fiddling with it, the door opened. "Yus!" She smiled, doing a little happy dance before walking out. She left Casket on the bed.

Isla wandered down the long hallway, spotting one other door. She got a weird feeling in her stomach when she passed by it, but continued on anyways.

Hi! Tell me how I did, if there's anything you didn't like or did like. Later! -hahathatbitch

.