Chapter 38

Abby's POV

I had the TV on as I put all my things in boxes. Movers going to be here soon.

"And the bride Princess Isadora has arrived with her Sister Wilhelmina." I heard the announcer say, making me stop for a second and look up. Willow stepped out first looking beautiful as ever... this thought made me quickly turn the TV off.

"You can't do this again. You can't trust this girl. What's the guarantee she won't pull something like this again?" I sighed and tried to focus on packing. In my heart I know I have forgiven her because I still love her but the problem is I don't trust her.

As Nia said she's the most commitment-phobic person. What to say she wakes up one day and says she doesn't love me anymore.

I was done with boxing things up now and that's when my doorbell rang. "who is it?" I said through the intercom when I saw a man.

"The movers ma'am"

"Ah come on up" I said and buzzed him in. I checked my phone to see the time and saw a message from my dad saying 'I'm sorry' but at the end there were laughing emojis.

Is he drunk?

That can't happen when the wedding just started.

I texted him back with '????' and set my phone aside as I heard a knock on my front door.

"You can take these boxes out fir-" I stopped mid-sentence when I realized the man was not alone in fact he was in shock looking at a very out of breath Willow next to him with her hands on her knees.

"gi-give me a couple of seconds" she said out of breath holding on to my door knob "to make sure you don't close it on my face."

"You can take these boxes," I said, snapping the poor man out of his shock. "ah yes" he quickly said and ran out with 2 boxes on his trolley.

"what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the wedding?" I asked her confused.

"I kinda ran out. it's a long story." She said finally going back to normal.

"I love you and I'm sorry. I will do anything just to prove to you that I will never leave you if you give me another chance." She said that with all seriousness.

"I love you but I don't trust you." I replied to her honestly. If we had to end this here I had to do it the right way. No more running away from her.

"Tell me what I need to do to make you trust me again. Anything, I'm ready to do anything." she said pleading.

I don't know what got into me when I said it but I only realized it once it came out of my mouth "Marry me." She looked confused and shocked at the same time.

What came next was expected but doesn't mean it didn't hurt.

She shut the door right in my face.

I stood there in shock at myself for actually saying those words out. I asked her to marry me? not just that but she literally ran away after hearing that.

I guess Nia was right when she said marriage is her biggest fear.

I opened the door just to check if she was still there but she wasn't. She surely had just ran out on me. The movers man came back with his trolley and entered my apartment. "You can take these boxes while I get the rest of the boxes from inside. He nodded and said "I forgot to ask you to sign these." He said giving me a writing pad with paper.

"Sure" I said and started reading through it as I put in the shipping address details and other things.

Half an hour had passed as we helped him put the last box on his trolley. When all of a sudden my door opened with a loud bang and there was her again panting as if she ran a marathon standing at my door looking like a huge mess with perfect hair.