CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

Lisa barely paid attention to Taehyung when he opened the door for her when she came home to Daegu. She really can't hide her resentment towards him even though she still practices being casual with him when they face each other again.

"Where have you been?"

"Go to Seoul," she replied.

"Where did you go there?"

"Do I have to let you know?"

"Why is the tone of your voice like that, Lisa?"

She just shook her head. She passed by him but he immediately grabbed her arm.

“We need to talk,” he said.

“There’s no need. It's okay with me, Taehyung. I understand that everything you said will not continue because Roseanne is already here. Then I didn't really expect the two of us to get married."

"Have you had a checkup yet?"

"Not yet," she lied. She didn’t want to force him to marry her because she was pregnant. She will only tell him that she is pregnant when she has a concrete plan for their future child.

"Why didn't you wait for me earlier so we could have a check-up? I really think you're pregnant. "

"I don't want to disturb the two of you and Roseanne," she retorted.

His forehead furrowed. "Are you jealous of Roseanne?"

"I have no right..."

He stared at her intently. She tried so hard to keep a poker face but she failed. She can't really be an actress.

"You have all the right, Lisa. I'm giving you all the right to get jealous," Taehyung said.

“Roseanne is the one you love, Taehyung. How can I compete with her?"

"Why do you have to compete with her?" His voice was teasing. And she knew that she gave herself away. He approached her. He reached for her cheek. He gently caressed the sensitive skin of her face.

"You're jealous of Roseanne... " he said. He was smiling like he just won the jackpot prize.

She didn't say a word.

"Does that mean you love me too, Lisa?"

"Love... also?" She asked crookedly. "Why do you love me?"

Taehyung nodded. “I've love you ever since, Lisa. I just didn't recognize the feeling until you decided to get married. "

"What are you saying, Taehyung?"

“Did you hear what I said, Lisa. I've always loved you."

"How do you make sure you love me?"

"Is it enough to prove that I almost objected to your marriage to Jungkook then?" he says.

She stared at hi. intently. He did look hurt. Why had she been blind to the signs that he was jealous then?

“I love you, Lisa. I regret it because it was a long time before I realized that. I was too late. My world almost shook when you said you were going to marry Jungkook."

She was still gaping. "Why didn't you confess to me that you loved me before?"

"Would it make a difference if I did?"

She was shaken. But she wanted to answer that maybe it would make a difference. But that would mean that she regrets the marriage she did to Jungkook. And she also regretted Jia.

She would never do that. Her husband and daughter have been a part of her life so she will not regret it.

“I love you, Lisa. Now that you are free, why should I miss this opportunity? That's why I offered you marriage right away when something happened to us. I grabbed the chance when I saw it."

She was speechless because she did not know what to say. She was in shock. Taehyung love her. He love her, longer that she realized her own feelings for him.

"How about Roseanne?"

"We're just friends. Showbiz, but that's the truth."

"She likes you. I would have my toe amputated if nothing else," she said.

He grinned. "Don't do that, Lisa. Don't take it againts me either. Because it's not my fault that I'm lovable. I can't do anything about it. Your husband-to-be is really oozing with so much charm."

She shuddered at what he said. It seemed like bubbles that any resentment she had for him had disappeared.

“Roseanne and I are friends. She likes me, Lisa. But we talked. I didn't want us to have a problem so I confessed to her that we were getting married. She was hurt but she was a good sport. She will get over me. So let's not trouble her, okay?"

"You really love me?" still couldn't believe his assurance.

"Very much. So don't be jealous of Roseanne or any other woman. Because you're the only one I love, Lisa. " He wrapped his arm around her waist. "I love you. Now, will you marry me?"

“When?” She had no intention of narrowing any further.

"ASAP."

"You just have to. You have to marry me before my belly grows."

His eyes widened. "You mean?"

She nodded. "I'm two months pregnant, Taehyung. You're going to be a daddy. "

Taehyung's shout broke into the silence of the night. Suddenly the light above turned on. The Kim couple rushed down.

"Why?"

"We're getting married," Taehyung announced.

"We already know that..." Taehyung's dad said.

"You'll going to have a grandchild!" Taehying said.

Lisa's aunt eyes widened.

But Taehyung's father also recovered quickly. "That's good news, Taehyung." He turned to his shocked wife. "You're going to be a grandmother, Layla. So let's go upstairs and sleep again. We will be busy taking care of their wedding. And with the coming baby." The old man winked at them.

They hugged as they just watched the couple climb upstairs.

"I love you, Lisa," Taehyung whispered in her ear.

"I love you too, Taehyung."

And they sealed it with passionate kiss.

                     ••END•••