CHAPTER TWENTY

Lisa and Taehyung consulted Lisa's former OB-Gyne Mrs. Yang. When she first talked to the good specialist, she opposed the idea because she was still young and healthy enough to undergo artificial insemination. Her reproductive system has no problems. But she insisted so she put up with it.

That afternoon Taehyung and Lisa went to Dr. Yang's clinic.

"First, I want to tell you, guys, that we have four different kinds of artificial insemination." Dr. Yang said. "First, the IUI or intrauterine insemination. Second, we have IVI or intravaginal insemination. Next is ICI, intracervical insemination. And the last is intratubal insemination or ITI. ICI is one of the more common types of artificial insemination procedures. It works to increase pregnancy rates by placing sperm directly into woman's cervix. This procedure is popular because it is non-invasive, painless, and relatively inexpensive. Almost ninety percent of my patients got pregnant because of this procedure."

Lisa and taehyung nodded their heads.

"We agree to the procedure, Doc." Lisa said.

"Lisa, you don't need to undergo this procedure. I'll repeat to you, you're too young and too healthy to consider this option. " 

"Doc, I want this done." she said determinedly.

She sighed before speaking again. 

"Okay, let me educate you first about intracervical insemination. Like I said, ICI is one of the most commonly used types of artificial insemination. It's a painless and quick procedure wherein your partner's sperm samples is directly deposited into your cervix. This helps increase the chances of survival of the sperm. As with any artificial insemination procedure, ICI must be timed correctly for the procedure to be successful. ICI is typically performed around the time of ovulation in order to ensure the greatest chances of conception. Blood or urine test will be performed to check the levels of luteinizing hormone in your body. A surge in LH levels indicates ovulation..."

While Dr. Yang was explaining, Taehyung and Lisa listened quietly. Their answer was simply "Uh-huh".

They are scheduled to return to her clinic next week. It was Monday morning so Lisa had to be absent from work. Taehyung pick her up to the apartment so they could go to the clinic together.

While waiting in the clinic lobby, Lisa was nervous. She is restless.

"Hey, relax there." Taehyung commented to her.

"I wish I can do it." she answered in a whisper. "I'm tense."

"Me too. Can you stop walking here and there because I'm dizzy with you?"

Only then did she realize what she was doing. She stopped beside him.

"Everything will be all right, okay?" He smiled and kissed her on her forehead.

Somehow she felt a little relieved.

Taehyung was the first to be called to take sperm. It also took about half an hour before it left the clinic’s operating room.

Half an hour later, Lisa was called.

"Go and just relax." Taehyung said.

Instead of responding, she hugged him tightly. "Wish me luck."

In the OR Dr. Yang was waiting for her, along with two nurses who assisted him.

"Lie down here, Ma'am." one of the nurses said, simultaneously teaching at the waiting examination table.

She was no longer wearing underwear and was just wearing a scrub suit. Dr. Yang stood at her feet.

"Are you ready?" the doctor asks.

"Yes, doc."

"You're not relaxing, Lisa." she said.

"S-sorry, doc."

"Just relax, okay?"

"O-okay."

"It's just fast." she added.

She nodded, then just stared at the ceiling.

Dr. Yang placed a speculum in her vagina. She then inserted a catheter into her vagina until it reached her cervix. A syringe filled with Taehyung's sperm is attached to the end of the catheter. Once the sperm was deposited deep inside her, Dr. Yang placed a soft sponge cap on her cervic to supposedly prevent sperm leakage.

Then she stood up. "That's it. It's done, Lisa." she said smiling. "That's easy."

She breathed a sigh of relief.

"Don't stand up first. Rest for at least half an hour, okay?"

"Thank you, Doc."

Dr. Yang get out of the OR and then the two nurses.

Soon Lisa saw Taehyung coming in the door. She smiled and quickly sat down on the edge of the examination table where she was lying.

"What's up? Everything okay?"

She nodded

"See? It's very easy." he said. "Now, this good girl needs a kiss." Without saying a word, he kissed her on the cheek.

She sighed slightly. She was dazzling. The kiss was not new to him. But that one was different somehow...

"Doc said, we can go home first so you can relax well. After six hours, the sponge will be removed. Meaning, we'll be back this afternoon around four. "

She nodded

Before returning to her apartment, they first went to a Chinese restaurant. He just got out of the car and took out their food.

When they arrived at the apartment he laid her on the sofa in the living room. "Do you like to watch TV or listen to a song?"

"I think I'd rather just think of the baby's name. If it's a girl again, it's Jia rain. "

Taehyung smiled. "What if it's male?"

"Jio?"

He smirked. "It can."