CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Lisa's life was starting to get normal, but the time came that she missed Jia. That happened when she was attending the birthday party of the daughter of her boss's wife — Jisoo. First birthday of her daughter Soo Jin.

Soo Jin is cute in her pink dress. When she saw the child, Lisa couldn't help but miss her child. If Jia were alive, her age would not be far behind Soojin's.

"Hey, Lisa! What, you're stunned there?" Jennie whispered to her. She was next to the table. They used to eat at a long table in the yard of the house. 

"Soojin's pretty, isn't she?" she just said.

"Yeah. She's also a smart kid"

Like my Jia.

She got up from his seat.

"Hey, are you done?" Jennie asked. 

"Not yet. I'll just approach Soojin."

"Oh, okay."

She approached Soojin who was ready to be carried by her mother Jisoo. "Jisoo unnie, can I carry her." she said.

"Hey, Lisa. All right."

Soojin was not shy. She quickly lifted her up. She kissed her on the cheek before talking to her. "Hi, Soojin."

"Say 'hello' to Aunt Lisa, baby." said Jisoo.

"Ello!"

Excitement filled her chest. She smothered it with a kiss on the cheek while in her mind she uttered Jia's name.

The party ended around six o'clock in the afternoon. Gradually, the guests left.

"Let's say goodbye to Jisoo unnie." Jennie hugged her. 

She refused. "Don't. I want to play Soojin first."

"Huh?"

"Go home first, Jennie."  

She scratch her cheeks. "You're Weird." she just said before saying goodbye to their officeates. 

Lisa stayed at Jisoo's house for a while. It was past eight o'clock in the evening when she returned to her apartment. 

Her intense longing for her late daughter returned. She seemed to want to experience motherhood again. It seems that her life will only be completed if she has a child again.