"I- Okay there's a lot to unpack here."

"I know, I know." I sighed, dragging my hands across my face.

"Wait so your dad is really cheating?" She questioned.

"Yes and I'm the only one that knows."

"That's crazy. I always thought your parents were like two peas in a pod. Like you and Q." She scoffed.

"THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT TOO!" I exclaimed. "But they have been having marital issues since I was born."

"Wow...you really don't know the truth until some shit blows up." She gasped. "I am so sorry you're going through this Pri. Really."

"It's fine. I just needed to get that off of my chest."

"Well ima tell you like this here girl. Do what your heart and ya mind is telling you to do. If you wanna go tell ya mama... tell her."

"But I don't wanna tell her. That's the problem! I feel guilty for seemingly taking his side. But I'm not on anyone's side. I'm just...there and I don't know what to do. I just don't like how my dad is normalizing this shit like- like it's normal! He's involving me like I'm in on his ways."

"That's kind of fucked up. I think you should talk to him about that." She responded.

"I think I should too. But I don't know when because every time I see him he's always showering me with gifts and hugs. Then he talks about his girlfriend and walks away. It's like I can never catch him at a good time. And I feel bad because he really does love her. And he wants me to accept her early because he probably plans on marrying her after he divorces my mom."

"Okay. So next time that happens, refuse whatever gift he decides to give you and have a real chat with the nigga. Tell him you appreciate what he's doing for you but you don't want any part in this. At least until the divorce is final. Like you're not the one cheating here. You're just there and you don't need all the fancy gifts to keep you quiet. Just stop acting like the shit is normal."

Maybe that was a good idea. Don't get me wrong. My libra ass loved getting gifts but I rather just not get anything for keeping quiet. I didn't like knowing I was being bribed. It made me feel weak and like I had no mind of my own.

"I guess I could give that a try." I shrugged.

"Okay then. Period." Sam responded, hugging me. "Again I am so sorry this is going on."

"No you're good." I sighed. "It felt so good to get that off my chest. I tried venting to Q earlier but his head was wrapped around that game. So I'm just letting him enjoy his time because he never gets to do stuff like this."

"Niggas and that stupid ass game. I told Sonny about my great aunt dying today and this nigga asked me what row we were sitting in as an immediate response. I wasn't that attached to ha but damn. At least show some sympathy." She grumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Right." I chuckled.

"But let me see the bitch ya dad with now!" She exclaimed. "I'm nosy and I know you already stalked and found her socials."

I smiled, rolling my eyes then I pulled up Brenda's instagram. Handing Sam the phone, she scrolled through her pictures with wide eyes.

"Oh girl..."

"What? What?" I chuckled, peeking at the phone.