"Unspoken Tale of the other Bae"

FLASHBACK
7 YEARS AGO
BAE MANSION

"You're using the wrong technique. Use your wrist and fingers correctly!" The woman standing besides the huge grand piano corrected as she firmly slaps the boy's hand, halting the latter from playing. Her brows twitched as she tightly gripped the stick she's holding which seemed like it's about to snap.

"Again.."

"From the begining." she commanded as she points the musical sheets from the stand and the boy tensely obliged promptly. He was only halfway on Claude Debussy's Claire De Lune when the woman suddenly hit the piano stool where the boy was seated and it slightly hit his left leg which right off stopped him from playing.

He winced in pain but the woman stood unbothered as she looked coldly at his son.

"You were off-key."

"Are you blind? Or are you not taking this lesson seriously Jihyun?" she queried as she squints her cat eyes at his son who never dared look at her out of fear.

"I'm sorry Eomma. My hands are already numb and worn out from constant playing and it's been five hours. If you would only please spare me a little time to rest, I promise I'll be able to play it perfectly." the 14-year old kid answered humbly with his head bowed down.

"Your recital will be held four days from now. Do you think you have the right to rest with that kind of performance you are giving?"

"What do you think your father will say if you mess that performance up?!"

"Do you want his bastard son have the opportunity to steal your father's affection from us?"

"Do you want that Jihyun?"

"Or do you want me to call your sister and give her your place?" Her mother asked with a threatening tone which caused the poor boy to tremble nervously. It was not because the boy doesn't want to give his spot to her twin sister but because he clearly knew the threat hidden on his mother's tone.

Jihyun knew how their mom resent her sister so much and he could only imagine how much Joohyun would suffer if she would take his place.

He may be the most adored and loved member of the Bae, but that was just putting up a facade. No one knows how terrifying and cruel her mother is to him whenever she teaches or trains him for the things he never even liked nor wanted to be. Everyone thought that he was the lucky child, the most favored and loved among the twins. But no one really knew about his silent cries and pleads. People have no idea the things he'd been through just to satisfy and meet his Mother's expections of him.

"No Mother, please..."

"Leave Joohyun out of it."

"I promise, I'll be better."

"Just please, spare her from your wrath." Jihyun pleaded almost begging, causing the woman to smirk out of satisfaction.

"Then go on. Play for me."

"I don't want any mistakes or else.." she threatened and before she could even finish what she's about to say, the boy started playing the complicated classical piece with his trembling hands.

Keys after keys, with tears in his eyes and the unbearable strain on his fingers, he finally finished the piece with out any mistake.

There was a complete silence and the woman slowly clapped, never even bothering the tears flowing from his own son's eyes.